Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Oct 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I added on Steakhouse 71 today just for Mrs YT and Me. Doubt I’ll persuade her to go but we will see!
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
The more I think about it the more I’m excited to be in the bubble so I may stretch our Adrs to 8 over our 10 nights. I think we will get our offsite fix when we do our 6 nights at Universal. I’m not that fussed with the Citywalk choices so will drive out most nights for Longhorn, Teak etc. We also are doing 6 nights in Anaheim, California first and near our hotel we have a Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gumps and a few other places. I definitely think we are going to get the best of both worlds.

Now to whittle down my list to 8 ADR’s. Early favourites to make the list are Steakhouse 71 and giving Ohana another go.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

We have the dining credit - I’m not sure tbh, we’re doing Character meals our first (offsite)and last (onsite) mornings - which will likely be paid oop, but it will depend where has characters at 60 days - as I was under the impression it’s only really chef mickeys that has them? (I also want to do Ohana to meet stitch)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
We have the dining credit - I’m not sure tbh, we’re doing Character meals our first (offsite)and last (onsite) mornings - which will likely be paid oop, but it will depend where has characters at 60 days - as I was under the impression it’s only really chef mickeys that has them? (I also want to do Ohana to meet stitch)
Current character dining...
Chef Mickey's
Topolino's (breakfast only)
Tusker House
Hollywood & Vine
Garden Grill (currently no breakfast)
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Current character dining...
Chef Mickey's
Topolino's (breakfast only)
Tusker House
Hollywood & Vine
Garden Grill (currently no breakfast)
What’s the situation with meeting the characters? Still ages before we go but on our last four visits we’ve recreated the same photo at Tusker House with Mickey and my daughters and desperate to get the fifth!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
What’s the situation with meeting the characters? Still ages before we go but on our last four visits we’ve recreated the same photo at Tusker House with Mickey and my daughters and desperate to get the fifth!
It's same as all the other character meets, selfies at a distance. At TH for example, they only have tables around the edges and the characters walk through the middle of the dining room and wave at guests.

Loads of vlogs of the new experience, I know Nate and Molly have both done them.
Old 24 Oct 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

I think we'll do four and each pick one

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Only ever done the DDP once and we were ill in the middle, all four of us, and it was such a waste and too much food.
We used to get TIW and loved that as it covered two, or if we squeezed it, three trips; and alcohol!😂
Old favourites likely somewhere in our three trips next year, I hope 🤞
Ale and Compass, and the lounge
Sanaa, and lounge
Crystal Palace, breakfast
Skipper Canteen
Nine Dragons
Boma
Beaches and Cream
Brown Derby, outside terrace
QS Blaze, Santuli and Comic Ray’s chicken dinner
New for us ( we had all of these booked for our recently cancelled Sept trip &#128553
Yak and Yeti (shock horror, I know, been sick both times we had these reservations)
Topolinos Breakfast
Homecoming’
Steakhouse 71, we used to love the Wave for breakfast but want to do this for dinner
QS Polite Pig
Looking forward to QS at Smokehouse Grill in Epcot
I am so hoping Top of the World opens again for drinks.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

We've only ever done DDP and it was fantastic as I didn't have to worry about food / snack costs as everything we had was covered. Plus our children were younger and being able to do the character meals was a brilliant way to get those photo's / sign autograph books and not waste time in the parks queing to see them.
One of the main reasons we aren't staying onsite this time is due to no DDP ( Plus no Magical Express & having to pay for parking whilst staying onsite ).
It's going to be hard justifying $5-6 for a slush / snack, however the plan is to eat mainly off site ( yeah I get my planning fix ) - thinking good breakfast then an evening meal which is what we do for most holidays.
However Crystal Palace, Garden Grill or Tusker House is on the possible list.
We would also like to do the 4 park challenge again ( if restrictions allow ) where we'll get a snack, photo and a ride in each park.
Eating / drinking around the world is another possibility.
So we are probably looking at maybe one ADR but snacking more as when we had DDP we were usually to full for snacks and we'd brought loads home with us BONUS!
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
We would also like to do the 4 park challenge again ( if restrictions allow ) where we'll get a snack, photo and a ride in each park.
It's not as easy as it was before because of the 2pm hop restriction, but people have managed it recently. If either MK or Epcot is closing at 10, it gives you about 2 hours in each park with a buffer of an hour to travel in between.