Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 17, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Sorry but you are miss informed, yes guns for rifle and practical shotgun can be held and used in the uk (I shoot practical) however the pistol disciplines have to be practiced abroad (jersey, Switzerland and isle of Mann) as our gun laws do not allow pistols to be held unless black powder or historical caliber.
I stand corrected on this one. Did not realise this. Clarifies first comment about Olympic pistol shooters.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Sorry but you are miss informed, yes guns for rifle and practical shotgun can be held and used in the uk (I shoot practical) however the pistol disciplines have to be practiced abroad (jersey, Switzerland and isle of Mann) as our gun laws do not allow pistols to be held unless black powder or historical caliber.
After the Dunblane massacre they can't ban enough gun use in my opinion even if it spoils sport for some.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

nothing will change

after sandyhook they chose to do nothing (if the murder of children wont change the gun laws), the NRA etc are too powerful

in an ideal world Trump would have been on TV saying enough is enough but instead they "may take a look at the laws sometime"... ie/ as you where America...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

“Now is not the time”
It wasn’t last time or the time before, so when will it be the right time for them to have a good discussion and a good think about why “guns are good” when they really aren’t for an awful lot of families.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I have no issues with individuals owning guns for hunting (wouldn't do it personally), even having 1 as "home protection". But why anyone would need multiple weapons is ridiculous.

Why a hunter would need anything other than a rifle is bizarre -if you're hunting why do you need to shoot a target multiple times with a semi-automatic weapon?

And if you have a weapon - be responsible. There have been 2 recent incidents in the US where toddlers have gotten hold of weapons and shot other toddlers. independent/news/wo...-a7972741.html. That's the most recent one where the child got hold of their childminders gun left lying in her handbag!

As for "bad guys" will never give up their guns - Steven Paddock was a typical "good guy" until he suddenly wasn't.
Australia managed it, we managed it, Canada manages it - why can't the US?

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Yes that's exactly how it was in Idaho.
The hunting culture runs deep and it's a real father son rite of passage teaching hunting .
My take on it is if they are hunting for meat it's one thing, discarding the carcass and taking the pelts as trophies only is entirely different. I know families in Utah who do one and some the other. I find the second repugnant personally.
Yes I know what you mean .

We were with a race team owner yesterday that hunts for fun and has various animals on display that he’s shot . It’s not my cup of tea at all .. but I never said anything as we were his guests but I didn’t like seeing it .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List