Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Slimming world V Weight watchers.

I've always done WW but feel I've lost my way with it this year and need to refocus. I was considering trying SW. For people that have done both- which did you find best?
Disneyland Paris - May 2003, May 2017
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Tried WW quite a few years ago but didn’t stick at it. Joined Sw two and a half years ago and I am now a Diamond mrmber having maintained within my target fir over a year. Lost 3 stone in total and have changed my eating habits seriously. Staying to meetings was the key for me although it can be a bit boring at times, worth persevering though. Good luck
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've tried both and nearly lost 3stone on weight watchers. I think Slimming world is better for people who like to cook from scratch, I am lazy and like the ability to scan and point ready made stuff.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I tried Slimming World but stopped when I found that the advice I was being given was not correct and was actually an issue with my medical history. I tried to tell the woman who ran it that as I have high cholesterol I couldn’t eat 4/5 boiled eggs a day, that as a type 2 diabetic I couldn’t eat unlimited amounts of fruit (including being told that I could eat a whole bag of clementines) and that as I’m on warfarin I can’t eat large amounts of green veg and certainly no cranberries or cranberry juice! She told me I was just making excuses and that she ate all this stuff and had lost loads of weight and I should listen to her and not the army of medics who look after me!
Old 24 Sep 18, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve done SlimmingWorld on and off for years but I did try weight watchers once and I just couldn’t get on with it.
I was always hungry and running out of points.
At the moment my weight loss is 3st 3lbs with SlimmingWorld.
Old 24 Sep 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

I lost 6st with WW.
I then put 5 of it back when I stopped 😥
Life just got in the way!
2 weeks ago I joined SW and at my first weigh in I'd lost 3lbs.
I'm enjoying it, however the only negative for me is that SW don't have a barcode scanner for when I'm shopping like WW's did.
However one is in the pipeline apparently x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I have to say I don’t like slimming world at all. I find it too restrictive as I would struggle with going out for dinner/little treats.

Absolutely love WW. Lost 3st with them 5 years ago. Currently have lost 2st. Have another 1.5 to go (ideally before we go to Florida. But that might be unlikely! ) then 2 more Stone once I’ve managed that .
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List