Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Thanks
We definitely weren't minded to sell, and my ds16 wasn't that keen on going to be honest, we could possibly arrange to leave him with family, it's mainly dhs vaccine status that's an issue, I had hoped they would maybe make an exception and allow test /quarantine and possibly the recovery certificate some countries accept but it doesn't look like that's happening sadly
Honestly, it would be worth waiting a few weeks to give them a chance to add some details?
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Honestly, it would be worth waiting a few weeks to give them a chance to add some details?
Yes I probably will, we were booked for 26th October but I expect that will be cancelled pretty soon
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Yes I probably will, we were booked for 26th October but I expect that will be cancelled pretty soon
Have you sorted out something for your points?

I expect you’re right that the flight cancellation will be done soon.
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Have you sorted out something for your points?

I expect you’re right that the flight cancellation will be done soon.
Not as yet, will cancel and hopefully they move the points back but God knows now that the borders are open in November, some bookings were October some early November, I guess it depends on the date the borders actually open?
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Nadya. I agree ref using Jason. However my best wishes to you at this difficult stage. I hope you get some clarity as we go forward and fingers crossed for you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I would be making sorting your points out a big priority.

You don’t want a situation where MS might say ‘borders are open from 3 Nov, we won’t apply our extensions after that’.

(I am NOT saying they will do that and I have no idea what date early November will be! Just for illustration)
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

I would be making sorting your points out a big priority.

You don’t want a situation where MS might say ‘borders are open from 3 Nov, we won’t apply our extensions after that’.

(I am NOT saying they will do that and I have no idea what date early November will be! Just for illustration)
Yes this is my worry, I can bank this year's points, but I borrowed 145 from next year for this years trip, I'm not sure if they will put them back, I will definitely try but if not will have to rent them.
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear this - I don't think it will be the policy indefinitely but as you say it makes it really difficult for you at the moment. Like the others said - sort out your points and then see what exemptions are possible as lots of people can't get vaccinated for all sorts of reasons.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

If it helps, I rang MS this afternoon to cancel our late oct/early Nov bookings and they have put all of my points back to where they started and have applied the international members rule to my previous banked points, meaning I can use them right up until end of May 2022. My flight hasn’t been cancelled yet, but I didn’t want to risk DVC changing their policy so I got that cancelled ASAP 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I would wait a little bit Nadya. With the strictly enforced mask wearing on the flight, and pre-departure tests, it sounds like they're mitigating as much as possible which would hopefully allow some exceptions for those medically unable to get vaccinated.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List