Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Get packing Liz! 💖🇺🇸🎉✈️
I’ll have to stop crying first Sue! xx
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
I’ll have to stop crying first Sue! xx
Fair point! 👍💖
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Liz, Sue - aside from nearly falling over after the announcement, I thought of both of you first! It means everything to me to be able to take my little family to the US… but it’s so much more than that for people like you; it’s not missing birthdays, christmases, weddings and all of the other wonderful things that being together as a family can mean.

I’m so pleased that you won’t have to do a workaround again (or at all in Liz’s case).

This really is the best news and it’s made me more emotional than I thought it might! Xxxx
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Liz, Sue - aside from nearly falling over after the announcement, I thought of both of you first! It means everything to me to be able to take my little family to the US… but it’s so much more than that for people like you; it’s not missing birthdays, christmases, weddings and all of the other wonderful things that being together as a family can mean.

I’m so pleased that you won’t have to do a workaround again (or at all in Liz’s case).

This really is the best news and it’s made me more emotional than I thought it might! Xxxx
Thank you so much Robyn ❤️❤️ been a blubbering mess since we heard. Hadn’t realised just how badly it was affecting me. Still scared to actually believe it lol. This thread has been such a comfort & help xxxx
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

This really is the best news and it’s made me more emotional than I thought it might! Xxxx[/QUOTE]

Robyn that's so lovely of you, made me cry, again! I know we're here now, and honestly there's not enough words to explain how blessed we feel, nevertheless the thought of leaving Thursday with the worry of will we be able to do this workaround again as its been so expensive, has been weighing heavily.
I'm overjoyed, for Liz, for us and for everyone desperate to be reunited with their families. Thank you again and thank you bwfc4ife for starting this thread, it's just been amazing.
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

It's been wonderful watching you all get to see family/revisit your happy place but given today's news I'm unsubscribing from the thread. Enjoy all your future trips and can't wait to read trip reports etc soon xx
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

I think perhaps our lovely work around thread has become obsolete now the borders are opening. In case anyone is still reading I thought I'd pop on just to say we're home. Arrived into total chaos at Heathrow today. Apparently a nationwide outrage (I was deffo outraged! &#129315 The queues up and down corridors, doubling back on themselves, made the standby queue for Flight of Passage on opening day look like a village fete. They were handing out bottles of water, crisps and cookies, all I wanted was the loo!

Anyway just wanted to say our trip was perfect, just so wonderful, we got to see one granddaughter set off for her first Homecoming, talk about Cinderella off to the ball, and also take her first driving lesson. We celebrated her sister's 12th birthday and got to watch our grandson's team win their soccer match. Throw in a trip to Disneyland, days at the beach, numerous BBQs, it was heaven.

Thank you again everyone for all the support, tips, trip reports and just "niceness" that made this thread so special. I'm so happy that we don't need to work around any more
Sue x 😊
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Fantastic update Sue.

We've still got our bookings for Barbados mid Nov - no need to cancel until we have a 100% date.

Great thread with positive and resourceful Dibbers helping along the way.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post

I totally agree with this. We’ve been lucky enough to be able to go but I can’t tell you how delighted I was for everyone else in the Dibb community.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I think perhaps our lovely work around thread has become obsolete now the borders are opening. In case anyone is still reading I thought I'd pop on just to say we're home. Arrived into total chaos at Heathrow today. Apparently a nationwide outrage (I was deffo outraged! &#129315 The queues up and down corridors, doubling back on themselves, made the standby queue for Flight of Passage on opening day look like a village fete. They were handing out bottles of water, crisps and cookies, all I wanted was the loo!

Anyway just wanted to say our trip was perfect, just so wonderful, we got to see one granddaughter set off for her first Homecoming, talk about Cinderella off to the ball, and also take her first driving lesson. We celebrated her sister's 12th birthday and got to watch our grandson's team win their soccer match. Throw in a trip to Disneyland, days at the beach, numerous BBQs, it was heaven.

Thank you again everyone for all the support, tips, trip reports and just "niceness" that made this thread so special. I'm so happy that we don't need to work around any more
Sue x 😊
Sue you so deserved every bit of happiness you've had I remember getting goose bumps when you posted that picture with your lovely family when you first arrived. This thread has been amazing-and I only joined at first because there was company for my Mexico trip But what unravelled was a sense of camaraderie, I've never seen on a thread before and everyone cheering each other on when they got to where they were going. It turned out to be a lot more emotional than I think anyone imagined
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List