Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Sep 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SouthernMerida
Proud to wear my Ears

Rent points for WL now or hold out for Poly?

Looking for some advice please. We are hoping to rent points via David's (understanding the risks) for a stay next August. We wanted to book a studio at the Polynesian but they don't have anyone with points available at the moment. They do however for Wilderness Lodge - our second choice.

I have been advised that Poly points might become available but it might take weeks, and then there might not be availability to book. If I wait I might also then lose out on WL. As I'm new to this I don't know how likely that is. Does anyone have any experience/ wisdom they could offer please. Thank you.
SouthernMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

Hi, august is a busy time to go as the American children are also off (the first half of august). It’s also Disney’s anniversary year. Ask Dave what he suggests … although waiting you could end up with neither. It’s difficult, but only you can ultimately decide. Good luck.
Old 30 Sep 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
SouthernMerida
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks - we're going the second half of August so not sure if that makes a difference. Leaning towards WL as I think DH will like it more anyway, and guess that means I can just get it booked!
SouthernMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Studios at Copper Creek are very hard to get so I'd be snapping that up. Boulder Ridge not as sought after - they're both at WL.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d be surprised if you don’t get Poly. There will very likely be rooms 7 months out when ‘any’ points will book it (I’d normally say you can always get Poly 7 months out in August, I’m slightly more reserved this year due to the points glut, usually August is fairly quiet DVC time even though the parks are quite busy).

As per PoohBear, if it’s Copper Creek I’d maybe go for that. One downside, smallish studios and it’s missing the extra small under TV Murphy bed. Also missing the extra bathroom of Poly. So if you are a larger family or need 5 sleep surface (or three separated sleep surfaces) think about that.

Boulder Ridge needs a refurb and I expect it to be underway by then, but they’ll do an area at a time I imagine to keep disruption down. I imagine when it has the Murphy sofa in and the refurb Boulder Ridge will be very popular- I’ve never stayed but visited and I love the separate building with gym on the ground floor, and love WL generally. If I were buying another contract elsewhere than SSR I think I’d buy at WL as I love the atmosphere. Personal choice though.
Old 2 Oct 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SouthernMerida
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you - that's really helpful to know, particularly that the Poly is usually available at 7 months. There are five of us so would definitely need to book Boulder Ridge if we went for WL - I'd seen that the refurb is booked for 2022 and seems there's no more certainty over dates so that's putting me off a little. Lots to think about!