Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
mick
VIP Dibber
 
mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: Rugby

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Flamingo Crossing is definitely much bigger than Margaritaville.

I don't remember if I mentioned it before but Margaritaville is also in the next stage of development now. The rental cottages have reached the wall on Funie Steed. They are currently finishing up the last of them.

Work has now started on the "villas". These are townhouses designed for permanent residents and will stretch from the corner of Funie Steed where the 429 overpass is along the 429 bank and up to the apartments behind Target.

They are also building a separate condo hotel under the Embassy Suites brand behind TJ Maxx etc.
Wow Donna - it will be a whole new world.

Turning left on to Rolling Oaks Boulevard at night after our Target trip will be even more challenging.
__________________
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
Malificent
slightly serious Dibber
 
Malificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Yes, The Grove is very close to Flamingo Crossing. It is also not far from loads of restaurants etc on west 192 including the Rolling Oaks/Sunset Walk/Margaritaville area you see mentioned on here alot.
Fabulous! Thank you.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
State27
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 20
Location: Central Fl
Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Fabulous! Thank you.
As Donna says a great location (just not turning onto the 192 off Avalon at end of work times …so try to avoid)

We love the grove, we have a staycation there a few times a year and we could literally be in our house in 25 mins from it lol
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
Gryff
Imagineer

 
Gryff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14
State 27 not wanting to hijack this thread but will the food stores be doing donate a thanksgiving dinner again this year
Our friends daughter has already said she’s a teacher will you be doing your usual school supplies donation for me ( she teaches in a very very deprived area and depends on donations even pens and pencils ) of course we will be
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#25
State27
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 20
Location: Central Fl
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
State 27 not wanting to hijack this thread but will the food stores be doing donate a thanksgiving dinner again this year
Our friends daughter has already said she’s a teacher will you be doing your usual school supplies donation for me ( she teaches in a very very deprived area and depends on donations even pens and pencils ) of course we will be
I’m sure! We have a lot more families in need than previous years!
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
#26
DonnaD
Imagineer
 
DonnaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 05
Location: Kissimmee
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Wow Donna - it will be a whole new world.

Turning left on to Rolling Oaks Boulevard at night after our Target trip will be even more challenging.
There definitely is more through traffic going to the apartments now!

There is a restaurant being added in the small row off units behind Panera Bread. They are converting a few of the small units that were never rented and turning into one big space with outdoor seating. I have no idea what it is though.

There is also Smallcakes cupcake bakery there that gets very good reviews.
__________________
:Donna
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
#27
Malificent
slightly serious Dibber
 
Malificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Originally Posted by State27 View Post
As Donna says a great location (just not turning onto the 192 off Avalon at end of work times …so try to avoid)

We love the grove, we have a staycation there a few times a year and we could literally be in our house in 25 mins from it lol
Thank you. So glad the resort is good. We are looking forward to seeing something different.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
State27
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 20
Location: Central Fl
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
There definitely is more through traffic going to the apartments now!

There is a restaurant being added in the small row off units behind Panera Bread. They are converting a few of the small units that were never rented and turning into one big space with outdoor seating. I have no idea what it is though.

There is also Smallcakes cupcake bakery there that gets very good reviews.
They are VERY good 😄
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
orlandosgr8
Imagineer
 
orlandosgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 05

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Reading this makes me both excited and nervous of our next trip, it will be interesting to see how much has changed, just hope it's not going to be a disappointment if it's changed too much.
__________________

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
#30
DonnaD
Imagineer
 
DonnaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 05
Location: Kissimmee
Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Reading this makes me both excited and nervous of our next trip, it will be interesting to see how much has changed, just hope it's not going to be a disappointment if it's changed too much.
Most of the changes are new places being added. The only bad part is the traffic at times.
__________________
:Donna
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Water Park
On 19th October 8:31am
An exhilarating new water slide experience, Reef Plunge, is coming to Aquatica in Orlando just... Read More »
Posted in MagicBand+
On 30th September 3:21pm
As part of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney will be debuting... Read More »
Posted in Hey Disney
On 28th September 7:33pm
Today, Amazon and Disney announced ‘Hey, Disney!’, an entirely new kind of voice assistant that... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X