Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 16 Oct 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Does anyone know if the DAS will apply to the headliner rides that you can’t book with Genie + or you’ll need to pay to ride those as you won’t be able to queue in the stand by line?
Seeing conflicting reports on the US boards. Some are being told by CMs no DAS on the ILLS rides at all, others are saying there'll still be DAS but still on the old system of going and getting a return time. I honestly don't think they know yet.

I can't see them not offering it at all, but I can see it still being on the old system to weed out abuse.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

So relieved to see that in some of the screenshots of the new DAS system in the app, both SDMT and Space Mountain are listed as available, which should mean that all the ILL rides are available on the DAS

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

That's good news where did you see it?
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
That's good news where did you see it?
WDWNT have an overview post up.

I was pleased to see them on the list as well, since they're not available for advance booking. I was expecting them (the ADA would have a field day if they weren't) but still, nice to see.

Looking forward to trying the app booking soon, such a big improvement over the old system.
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
WDWNT have an overview post up.

I was pleased to see them on the list as well, since they're not available for advance booking. I was expecting them (the ADA would have a field day if they weren't) but still, nice to see.

Looking forward to trying the app booking soon, such a big improvement over the old system.
Can I just double check, when you say advance booking, do you meant the 2 you can prebook in the 2-30 day window?
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Can I just double check, when you say advance booking, do you meant the 2 you can prebook in the 2-30 day window?
Yes, those ones. ILLS are available day of but not as a prebooked option (according to the video call summaries I've read).
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Yes, those ones. ILLS are available day of but not as a prebooked option (according to the video call summaries I've read).
Ahh perfect. Thank you.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Trying to get my head around it all. So you can make 2 advanced DAS selections in advance for your trip once approved (2-30 days out of phone call). These only include the Genie+ attractions and not ILLS.

However, the ILLS can only be booked on the day if available. Would this be in addition to the 2 preselected? Then can you still do 1 ride a time after you’ve ridden them all?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
Trying to get my head around it all. So you can make 2 advanced DAS selections in advance for your trip once approved (2-30 days out of phone call). These only include the Genie+ attractions and not ILLS.

However, the ILLS can only be booked on the day if available. Would this be in addition to the 2 preselected? Then can you still do 1 ride a time after you’ve ridden them all?
From what I understand, the prebooked ones are on top of the book day of passes and don't impact your ability to make those. So you don't have to use them before you make day of selections.

To draw a comparison to Lightning Lane, the prebooked passes function like an ILLS pass where you can choose a timeslot in advance. Then on the day, you can make regular DAS selections like you would Genie+, so one at a time in the next available time slot.

Hopefully will be able to update in a couple weeks if I can get through on the video call. I have my selections ready to go.
Old 20 Oct 21, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

From what I understand, the prebooked ones are on top of the book day of passes and don't impact your ability to make those. So you don't have to use them before you make day of selections.

To draw a comparison to Lightning Lane, the prebooked passes function like an ILLS pass where you can choose a timeslot in advance. Then on the day, you can make regular DAS selections like you would Genie+, so one at a time in the next available time slot.

Hopefully will be able to update in a couple weeks if I can get through on the video call. I have my selections ready to go.
Excellent - I look forward to an update. Plenty of time before I go so will be guides and vlogs out by then too.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List