Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Oct 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Going to be interesting to see the Points usage per night difference between the existing stock and the newer addition.
I agree, I’m interested to find out.

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Going to be interesting to see the Points usage per night difference between the existing stock and the newer addition.
Absolutely. As far as I’m aware this will be a new category to DVC in the same way the Riviera Tower rooms were? I’d also think they may need to then separate the points by view also to include water view, standard view & theme park view perhaps? Will certainly be watching with interest as G-Flo is where my sights are set for August 22 😉
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Proud to wear my Ears

I like the look of the new studios but we use the kitchenette a lot too, or at least the sink.
I am
I am not impressed with the refurb. The brown curtains and chairs in the studios make them look really dark and blah. The tartan headboard is awful imo. I know that they desperately needed lots of things replaced but I don’t agree with changing the feel of the rooms. I loved the original style.
Hollie04 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Been having a think about this - the 2 beds will work better for some. When I'm in a studio I make coffee and cocktails and sometimes do some sandwiches etc. but more often I go out for something, even if I then bring it back as a takeaway. I think this is ok, not great but ok and will suit a specific demographic. After all Riviera has the bedsit rooms .
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Wonder if they will be in a different category like the hotel rooms in Vero or Aulani
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
Wonder if they will be in a different category like the hotel rooms in Vero or Aulani
Just seen this thread and I immediately thought of how popular the cheaper hotel rooms are at Aulani.

I actually think a hotel room at VGF would be more appealing to us than the ones at Aulani - At VGF we would always eat out, whereas at Aulani we enjoyed food in the room. I guess it will come down to point charts for me! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If the rooms are cheaper points it could work- let’s see, but I’d be surprised.
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Anyone heard if they've actually started the conversion of the rooms? Just wondering how long it might take and when they are likely to load them into the inventory. 200 extra rooms is certainly going to ease the pressure for VGF studios availability - I would hope!
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Anyone heard if they've actually started the conversion of the rooms? Just wondering how long it might take and when they are likely to load them into the inventory. 200 extra rooms is certainly going to ease the pressure for VGF studios availability - I would hope!
No reports of them starting yet. It’s a ‘quick and dirty’ conversion with no plumbing or structural changes from what I can see.
I was initially disappointed at this ‘dumbing down’ of core DVC principles with no mini kitchen etc, but I think now it could work if the points per night are less. If they are not less I’d be v unhappy if I was a current owner.
Old 27 Dec 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Have these been converted yet? We're currently considering buying dvc and if we were only doing a shorter stay we would consider booking these for the 2beds.