Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I was going to wait for online check in as it’s only me, I don’t really mind where I sit. Out of interest I checked the seats today.. in WTP there’s 4 rows of 4 left and one set of two. For May 22… surprised it’s so booked already.

Doubt there will be much choice for online check in.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Just looked at our flights and not a single seat has been booked yet. Hopefully it will be a relatively quiet one and we'll get seats together at OLCI as I don't like their prices at all. I used to pay with Virgin as we liked to sit in the bubble, so felt I was paying for that more than a seat.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I pay every time, whatever it costs, no way am I sitting next to my kids🤣
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My initial flight is from Belfast so technically I could book seats even earlier than those going direct from London, but I chose to pay for the seats we wanted and the guarantee we are seated together. If its not that important to you, save the money and take a chance your choice will be available. I just prefer to have it sorted and the flights were much cheaper than anywhere else even with the seat payment added.
ginwithaslice is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

This will be my first long haul flight coming up with BA in 22 years, and we've paid for seat selection. Yes, there's a chance we'll be sat together, but there's also a chance that we won't. That alone will keep me up at night until I know we're sat together.

Stumped up £72 each. Was it worth it? Yes, to us it was. We also got seats at the back of the cabin so we have less chance of a maskless idiot coughing in our direction and potentially ruining our holiday.

Also to add, there were about 12 seats left when I selected them.

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairygothmum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I was going to wait for online check in as it’s only me, I don’t really mind where I sit. Out of interest I checked the seats today.. in WTP there’s 4 rows of 4 left and one set of two. For May 22… surprised it’s so booked already.

Doubt there will be much choice for online check in.
This is what I am wondering to be honest, I've seen so many people saying they're going in May and when I checked the seat map yesterday it's looking pretty full...

Originally Posted by Captain-codeye View Post
I pay every time, whatever it costs, no way am I sitting next to my kids🤣
Best response to a thread ever!

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Just looked at our flights and not a single seat has been booked yet. Hopefully it will be a relatively quiet one and we'll get seats together at OLCI as I don't like their prices at all. I used to pay with Virgin as we liked to sit in the bubble, so felt I was paying for that more than a seat.
Hopefully it will stay that way for you. I agree, I paid to sit in the bubble on VA flights because it feels worth it and it wasn't as badly priced but this one has me um-ing and ah-ing lol
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are in Canada now and flew with BA and decided to keep costs down by not paying for seats and checking in as soon as we could. However when I went to check in it said check in wasn’t allowed so In a panic I booked seats for the return however at check in not only were we sat together but the flight was quiet so my son moved a couple of rows back to have a row to himself and give us more room. Basically, anything can happen and if you are happy to sit separately if it comes to it then save your money but if it’s important to you to all be together then maybe don’t take the risk?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve booked ours for December using Avios. There was a points boost a couple of months ago, which meant we didn’t have to use as many Avios, and didn’t pay any extra either (we never have loads of Avios - usually about 23k in the household account).
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A couple of things I have found with BA when you have paid for a seat.

Firstly you get notified very quickly compared with Virgin of flight and therefore seat changes. Had 2 notifications already.

They have moved us to more expensive seal selection in PE at no charge when the plane and thus seat configuration changed.

They didn't charge me when I upgraded on another flight from PE to UC even though those seats cost more to select.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

As a rule BA won’t sit groups up if there is space. We have children under 12 so our seats will be allocated about five days before.
On our last flight with them I moved them at OLCI. I log on as soon as it opened as there was quite a few to choose from, mainly at the back.
The pairs had all gone.

Two things to consider, anybody with bronze status I think can choose their seats 7 days in advance.

Anyone would has booked the basic fare can’t choose their seats.

If you definitely want a particular seat I would probably pay.
The middle seats are the last the last to be selected as most people want window seats.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List