Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Oct 12, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West&East Day 26: Seaworld & the Toilet of Terror

Ok, disclaimer first, it wasnt really a toilet of terror, just a bathroom misadventure but I liked the snappy title

We are looking forward to today , Seaworld is a favourite with all of us. We are up at 0730 and the boys are up around 0800 so well on track for a good start.

Andy and I have a great ensuite off the bedroom Andy is in the shower as I walk in towards the wardrobe, closing the bathroom door behind me. Not locking it, just closing it – as I always constantly tell the boys, don’t lock the bathroom door as if there is an accident , like slipping in the shower, we cant get in to help you.

All tickety boo, except as Andy goes to open the door, he cant, its locked – and locked good'n proper

Fighting the rising panic at BOTH of us being locked in here, Andy uses the nail scissors to start unscrewing the lock, but one screw wont budge and that’s not going to work.

So with much hollering and banging on the door, Connor arrives to see what the fuss is about and after a helpful lecture through the door about how we are always telling him that you aren’t supposed to lock the door, he is duly despatched to bring us anything useful like a knife or screwdriver .

Meantime, I assess whether I can squeeze out the bathroom window – which is small – and the lanai style mesh is in place hard and fast and we will have to break it to get out and it is of course entirely possible that I may end up wedged in the window and have to be rescued by the Fire department if it indeed transpires that it WAS not quite big enough for my butt.

Images flash before me that some passing tv crew , on a "low news day" might follow the fire engine and the whole of Orlando, including my kids could end up seeing my butt hanging out the window on TV like some Dr Pepper ad gone wrong ( you know the one , “Dr Pepper, what’s the worst that can happen ) . I decide that waiting it out is probably wisest

Time passes, I am trying hard not to cry, Andy is trying hard not to totally lose it and we know the boys are trying really hard not to laugh their heads off.

We discuss whether they can pass us a phone and the number of the management company which spurs Andy into superhuman strength and he manages to physically lift up the door and dislodge the door enough that the lock suddenly releases.

I cant tell you how relieved we all were .

Except Connor ,who makes the helpful observation that now we will be late and the park will be busy. Well sonny, rather that than having 15 minutes of fame for all the wrong reasons - and not even getting £250 from "you've been framed" for the humiliation !

Edited at 08:38 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List