Notices

Old 12 May 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Alton Towers Hotel - How much ?

Just persuaded DS (just 16) that a trip to AT might be nice .
We’ve stayed in the hotel before but usually stay at the PI Hurricane or Spitfire .He said he’d like to stay at the hotel - just priced Saturday 25th Of June
One night - just the three of us £572 for one night not including tickets !

Shocked to say the least .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Yikes! I’ve never paid anywhere near that and we go twice a year.
We have a night in may booked £157 and then one at scarefest which was £162.
Maybe keep trying as it seems the prices fluctuate.
Did you try the other 2 hotels there or the stargazing pods?
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

No only looked at the main hotel
I had an e mail about the Gangster Granny stuff I wonder if that’s anything to do with it.
Splash landings was in excess of £400 I think they are trying their luck
However really want to make the most of time with DS while he still wants to but we could have 3 nights away for that - and take the dog lol !
I will keep checking though
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I bet it has tried to default you to booking two rooms. As your son is 16 you will be three adults. You can of course have one room and you can amend this on the search results screen by clicking ‘change’ - that should drop the price down significantly. Screen shots to show how to do it:

Hope that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Ah DLP fan I did just have a quick look I never thought of that.
I will double check later - and come back to let you know if I’m a plank 🙄🙄
Old 13 May 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

It has always been really expensive when we have stayed in the Alton Towers hotel,around that price for a moon explorer room with tickets.I’ve never stayed in a standard one.I think the enchanted village is a little cheaper though.We have always gone at the weekend or school holidays.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Ah DLP fan I did just have a quick look I never thought of that.
I will double check later - and come back to let you know if I’m a plank 🙄🙄
Yes - it’s official I am a plank !
Triple room £309 better but not great .

Thanks for the heads up DLP fan !
Old 13 May 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
It has always been really expensive when we have stayed in the Alton Towers hotel,around that price for a moon explorer room with tickets.I’ve never stayed in a standard one.I think the enchanted village is a little cheaper though.We have always gone at the weekend or school holidays.

It is expensive - the standard room are fine .
I remember going to the rollercoaster Restaurant when it first opened took one of DS friends as well - quickest £120 I’ve ever spent kids had burger and chips !
Prepared to go with it though I just want to give us all some family time we’ve not had the best start to this year and I’m looking forward to laughing when the man on the runaway train shouts “Choo Choo “ - it’s our tradition lol
Old 13 May 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes - it’s official I am a plank !
Triple room £309 better but not great .

Thanks for the heads up DLP fan !
Haha, no problem! It is a bit of a quirk on their website that isn't obvious at first.

Not sure if you have any way of booking the Friday night instead of the Saturday, but it is currently showing £209 for the same room that night, it is actually cheaper than Splash Landings which is very rare!

It might not be feasible because of work/school etc, but thought I would mention it just incase! Plus the park should be quieter on the Friday versus Saturday/Sunday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

It is expensive - the standard room are fine .
I remember going to the rollercoaster Restaurant when it first opened took one of DS friends as well - quickest £120 I’ve ever spent kids had burger and chips !
Prepared to go with it though I just want to give us all some family time we’ve not had the best start to this year and I’m looking forward to laughing when the man on the runaway train shouts “Choo Choo “ - it’s our tradition lol
Yep! You have to say “choo choo” it’s the law! 😁
Got a stay booked for next Saturday which is their first day of Mardi Gras so really looking forward to it.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List