Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Jul 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I'm currently trying through Shop Disney. It seems to have accepted my order! Just waiting for the card. Starting to panic that they might actually post it to Beach Club for me.
Awww so pleased it seems to be working for you, I'm hoping it will be ok
If Disney feel there might be a problem they will send you a message saying 'there's a problem' and asking you to call them within 10 days. That happened to me last year and I somehow missed the email so they sent another message after ten days saying they'd cancelled the order.
If you haven't ever done it, it might be worth paying a little off your DVC dues in advance of January payment date using the card you've used for the ecard order; basically that should 'verify' your card.

edit to add: As the ecard is sent to you via email, they won't send it to your resort lol

Edited at 01:43 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Awww so pleased it seems to be working for you, I'm hoping it will be ok
If Disney feel there might be a problem they will send you a message saying 'there's a problem' and asking you to call them within 10 days. That happened to me last year and I somehow missed the email so they sent another message after ten days saying they'd cancelled the order.
If you haven't ever done it, it might be worth paying a little off your DVC dues in advance of January payment date using the card you've used for the ecard order; basically that should 'verify' your card.

edit to add: As the ecard is sent to you via email, they won't send it to your resort lol
Not received the email with the card yet! Pity Target wasn’t working as it was usually through in a few minutes.
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I just tried to pay via paypal and had the same error, it loops back to the payment page and says sorry something has gone wrong.

Hopefully its just an error and will be fixed rather than a change in policy
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Not received the email with the card yet! Pity Target wasn’t working as it was usually through in a few minutes.
Let us know if it works.
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Yea I may try and buy a $25 gift card on Disney site to see if it works for me
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

its done the approval on paypal, wonder now if it will flag with disney before it sent
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Let us know if it works.
It's now 7 hours since I tried purchasing through Disney. No e-gift card received and my PayPal still shows as pending. It's not looking hopeful.
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

It can take up to 48 hours for the email containing the ecard to arrive, mine usually take at least 8 hours... and if I buy several at the same time they all come through one after the other.
Maybe the time difference between UK and US has something to do with the length of time they take to arrive.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

We've just checked back to when we purchased a $25 egift card through the Shop Disney when we could enter our UK address and the email when we purchased titled Thank You for Your Order! was timed at 4:59am UK time.

We received a second email titled Your shopDisney order is on its way! at 6.00am UK followed by another titled You’ve Received a Disney Gift Card eGift also at 6.00am.

So received within 61 minutes of purchase.

When we tried Target earlier we did notice the following on the Paypal page.

You'll be able to review your order before you complete your purchase.

The merchant has requested an authorisation for this payment and the final payment amount may change when the merchant completes the order.

The merchant requires your billing address to complete this payment.

Hope there's no problem with Disney checking your PayPal billing address against the BCV address. Maybe this might be the reason why it didn't work on the Target web site, hope not.

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

We decided to purchase a $25 gift card at 7.26 this morning from the Disney Shop and received emails from PayPal You've submitted an order in the amount of $25.00 USD to Disney Shopping, and from Disney Thank You for Your Order!

There was a questionnaire which popped up so we responded as follows.

We gave the website a 3 out of 10

Please tell us the reason for your score.
United Kingdom was removed from the list of International countries in 2021.

Which area of your experience most influenced your rating?
Policies.

How can we improve?
Inclusion for all. We've made a few purchases from the US Disney Shop in the past but in 2021 the United Kingdom was removed from the International countries listed that can order from the US Disney Shop. As you have a lot of loyal Disney customers missing out please reinstated the UK as soon as possible.

The was also a contact us and order status at;

help.shopdisney/hc/en-us...428-Contact-Us

shopdisney/order-status/

We entered our order number and email address but received the following?

Sorry this order number or email address does not match our records. Check your records and try again.

Suggest you check your order status and if your order is still not fulfilled or even recognised then best to contact them by email or chat.

Good luck Noodlez and we will let you know when we receive a follow up.

EDIT: Also noted that it did state on the Thank You for Your Order! email the following.

Our Disney Gift Card eGift is usually sent to a valid email address within 60 minutes but may take up to 24 hours. Please note: Verification with your financial institution may cause a delay in the delivery time.
Time Order Placed: 07/06/2021 at 11:26 PM PT

Edited at 08:58 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List