Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Aug 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Won’t work for me- takes me to PayPal and when I click to pay, it acts like it’s working, but then the Disney site won’t go any further (the button to proceed doesn’t light up so can’t click on it.) keep clicking the pay by PayPal link and the same thing happens time and again.

Once we click in step 2 Payment with PayPal in yellow box, that directs us to PayPal where we need to log on but we also receive the Paypal message...

Authentication required
As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you.
Receive a text

We then receive a 6-digit code and choose either to pay with US or UK balance or UK bank account.

Once we confirm we're redirected back onto the Disney site to confirm Contact details and Submit Order in step 3.

We just tried and all went through with for a $25 order and received the message Hooray! Your shopDisney order has been placed! Time Placed: 08/09/2021 at 2:24 AM PT

Good luck and hope it can be sorted out soon.

EDITED: Received the egift card at 03:55 PM PT so took 13.5-hours.

Edited at 02:46 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Just bought another $200 gift card on Disneystore.com This one arrived in about 4 hours, so it really is a lottery on how long they take to arrive.
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkkent
Gone all Goofy

I’ve been reading this thread with interest (no pun intended!) but I’m struggling to work out the benefit from buying E-cards in USD? There’s still a paypal fee for the currency conversion right?
Clarkkent is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Although there are other reasons, one of the main ones for DVC owners is that if you rent out your points through the major brokers you are paid in USD. You also need to pay your annual dues in USD. We are trying to find a way to pay with the dollars received, rather paying to convert it back to pounds, then paying a second time to convert back to dollars.

Edited to add: you can set your PayPal account to be a USD account so it doesn’t convert anything.

Edited at 04:42 PM.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkkent
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Although there are other reasons, one of the main ones for DVC owners is that if you rent out your points through the major brokers you are paid in USD. You also need to pay your annual dues in USD. We are trying to find a way to pay with the dollars received, rather paying to convert it back to pounds, then paying a second time to convert back to dollars.
Ahhh! Thank you!
Clarkkent is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc2
Getting to know the DIBB

Whilst not strictly on-topic it still falls within efficient use of USD PayPal. I noticed on Hotels.com during checkout you can pay with PayPal. Might be useful if staying at universal for a few days (when UK people can get in the USA) or other areas, just make sure hotels.com is quoting and charging in USD for the stay.
Manc2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Sadly if you change the price to USD the pay pal option disappears
Old 12 Sep 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc2
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Sadly if you change the price to USD the pay pal option disappears
well maybe to keep an eye on as it might roll out to USD in the future
Manc2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

got to admit trying to get UDD out of PayPal with no charge is quite a challenge!
Old 8 Feb 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowhite2
New Poster (2)

So glad I tried putting in the address of my DVC resort. I placed an order for $250 and used my PayPal details. I hadn’t realised that several other orders I had tried to place, but hadn’t been accepted, were still in my basket. I got a confirmation order saying I had ordered $825 of gift vouchers and expected it to be cancelled. I was very surprised when all of the $850 of gift vouchers arrived in separate emails this morning. Luckily I had more than enough in my PayPal account to cover them all and I can now order more which I will use to pay towards our Disney cruise later in the year. Thanks for the advice.
Snowhite2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List