Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Yep - nudged it on from 25th July to 26th July and I got a direct option!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Ta - I'd assumed that was the case, but my search only gave me indirect routings through the US.

Thinking about it, they are probably not daily flights currently, so I need to track down a day when there are direct flights!
Yep, as Disney Cupcake said Bozza. We’re flying direct to Cancun from LGW and then Cancun to MCO. Route home is Miami to LHR… so we have a little bit of car jiggery pokery to do to pre-position the car at LHR before we hit up the airport hotel at LGW.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Yep, as Disney Cupcake said Bozza. We’re flying direct to Cancun from LGW and then Cancun to MCO. Route home is Miami to LHR… so we have a little bit of car jiggery pokery to do to pre-position the car at LHR before we hit up the airport hotel at LGW.
A few times we've done LGW->MCO and MIA->LHR on return.

I always dropped the family off at the Sofitel at LGW, drove to Heathrow alone, parked the car up and got the National Express back to LGW.

I may have also always picked up a few cans of G&T from M&S to keep me company. Well, I was on holiday!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Cancun is looking a better option, if only because there seems to be a lot more hotel availability and at not-too-outrageous prices.

Part One
Part Two
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Cancun is looking a better option, if only because there seems to be a lot more hotel availability and at not-too-outrageous prices.
That’s what we’ve found - we actually switched our self catering apartment to an all inclusive resort today because it was an absolute bargain! So at least we don’t have to worry about food for that leg of the trip now which is good and plenty of activities for our little munchkin 😍.

Also found it was easier/cheaper flights wise to get from Cancun to MCO.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
That’s what we’ve found - we actually switched our self catering apartment to an all inclusive resort today because it was an absolute bargain! So at least we don’t have to worry about food for that leg of the trip now which is good and plenty of activities for our little munchkin 😍.

Also found it was easier/cheaper flights wise to get from Cancun to MCO.
Do you mind me asking which resort, as you've already done some research!

(I'm not sure this will come to pass for us, as both our regular dog-sitters are booked up, but I may try to find another one - this idea has been on the back burner for me for a fair few months now)

Part One
Part Two
Old 6 Jul 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Do you mind me asking which resort, as you've already done some research!

(I'm not sure this will come to pass for us, as both our regular dog-sitters are booked up, but I may try to find another one - this idea has been on the back burner for me for a fair few months now)

Of course, we’ve booked Fives Beach Resort. It’s Playa del Carmen so a little way out of Cancun but perfect resort for what we need. They also do the antigen or PCR tests on site. The antigen is complimentary - not sure about PCR as didn’t research it.

We’re the same as you - it’s been at the back of our mind for a couple of months. Only really a possibility now they’re going to remove quarantine for double jabbed coming back from Amber… there’s no way we could have done the best part of 6 weeks, but we can do just shy of 4 weeks. For us it’s 15 days in Mexico and 12 days in Disney.

The DVC has taken care of itself. The refund from Virgin for July’s flights covers the LGW - Cancun, Cancun - MCO and Miami - LHR route so the only part we’re paying for is the Mexico accommodation… and it worked out actually cheaper than a week all inclusive in Greece that we took last year and planned to do again this year if Florida was still a no go direct.
Old 6 Jul 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Of course, we’ve booked Fives Beach Resort. It’s Playa del Carmen so a little way out of Cancun but perfect resort for what we need. They also do the antigen or PCR tests on site. The antigen is complimentary - not sure about PCR as didn’t research it.

We’re the same as you - it’s been at the back of our mind for a couple of months. Only really a possibility now they’re going to remove quarantine for double jabbed coming back from Amber… there’s no way we could have done the best part of 6 weeks, but we can do just shy of 4 weeks. For us it’s 15 days in Mexico and 12 days in Disney.

The DVC has taken care of itself. The refund from Virgin for July’s flights covers the LGW - Cancun, Cancun - MCO and Miami - LHR route so the only part we’re paying for is the Mexico accommodation… and it worked out actually cheaper than a week all inclusive in Greece that we took last year and planned to do again this year if Florida was still a no go direct.
Nice - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and if I can find a dog-sitter, we might be doing similar.

In my Expedia tab right now, it's focused on Playa del Carmen! I had gone down to Tulum and was just panning up the coast back towards Cancun to see what was between the two!

Part One
Part Two
Old 7 Jul 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

We're Miami for the six weeks holidays with BA.

I'm seriously considering this now.

Thinking I'll call BA to change the outgoing flight to CAN.

What about testing? Going out we can get in our home city.

Would you need to get a PCR test in Cancun? to get into the US?
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
We're Miami for the six weeks holidays with BA.

I'm seriously considering this now.

Thinking I'll call BA to change the outgoing flight to CAN.

What about testing? Going out we can get in our home city.

Would you need to get a PCR test in Cancun? to get into the US?
No test required for Mexico. An antigen test required for entry to the United States - which I believe is basically a supervised lateral flow test. Most resorts in Mexico offer free antigen testing given they’re largely configured to support tourists from the USA.