Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Just catching up on everyone’s news and crying tears of joy for you all , it’s so wonderful to see all your plans and hard work have worked out 💗 have an absolutely amazing time and we will live the dream through your eyes for this year 💗💗💗
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Lovely update!
I’ll need to look into turo a bit more for my stay.

Very nice!
I arrived yesterday and it’s been plain sailing so far🤞 Airport was a breeze, testing easy and result back before breakfast.
Don’t usually do beach holidays but I could get used to this!

So glad you got there. It looks wonderful.
We are 3weeks behind you and keeping everything crossed

Did you do fast track at the airport?

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
Are you staying at “Southern Palms?” We stayed there great hotel & amazing location
Yes, it’s gorgeous.
Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
So glad you got there. It looks wonderful.
We are 3weeks behind you and keeping everything crossed

Did you do fast track at the airport?
Ooh, that’s not long at all! Hope it all goes smoothly.
I didn’t do fast track but loads of people did. Maybe I was lucky with timings as it didn’t look like any other flights had landed just before us but I was out of the airport and in a taxi really quickly - less than 30 mins.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

We went to Gatorland yesterday, boy was it hot. They've a bit of water play area where our kids cooled off, was solely tempted to join them in my clothes! 🙂

Moving to a 3 bed condo today, got a great price.

Booked Kennedy Space Center for Monday with AttractionTickets.com got the cheapest price compared to anything here.

Will be getting 14 days at Seaworld, Aquactica, Busch Gardens & free parking with them, but got to call today. Did a Twitter chat, and we have to arrange to collect the tickets at the Will Call desk apparently. The guy selling tickets in the hotel here thinks $1000 plus tax is a great deal for exactly the same Seaworld package... AT are doing it for over £400... you can't beat it.

Robyn it's a shame to read about your rocky start, but I'm sure it'll be worth all the hassles once you're on that plane. All the best to you both.

Right time to fire up that coffee machine 🙂
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
We went to Gatorland yesterday, boy was it hot. They've a bit of water play area where our kids cooled off, was solely tempted to join them in my clothes! 🙂

Moving to a 3 bed condo today, got a great price.

Booked Kennedy Space Center for Monday with AttractionTickets.com got the cheapest price compared to anything here.

Will be getting 14 days at Seaworld, Aquactica, Busch Gardens & free parking with them, but got to call today. Did a Twitter chat, and we have to arrange to collect the tickets at the Will Call desk apparently. The guy selling tickets in the hotel here thinks $1000 plus tax is a great deal for exactly the same Seaworld package... AT are doing it for over £400... you can't beat it.

Robyn it's a shame to read about your rocky start, but I'm sure it'll be worth all the hassles once you're on that plane. All the best to you both.

Right time to fire up that coffee machine 🙂
$1000 At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he was robbing you! Actually, he may have had one on too
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
We went to recreate photos down on International Drive yesterday with the kids. We like to take photos in identical places to show them growing 🙂 Chucking it down, but we like troopers just got on with it.

Going to Gatorland today, then off to Cocoa Beach... both opportunities for further photo recreations.

The hotel we're staying in has gone downhill since last time we stayed. Using covid as a reason to not clean daily, to not provide evening socials (free food/wine), and it's far from cheap. Yet the car park is full, & they can charge what they want... plenty of demand.

That being said we booked a three bed condo in a gated resort last night... we need the space, and the washing machine & dryer! 🙂

As we need to get down to Miami for our flight home, we booked flights with Frontier last night. £40 each with all our luggage. So that's sorted now.

Anyway time to go get breakfast 🙂

Which Hotel was that?
Last time we stayed on Idrive we noticed the cleaning issue and that was before Covid-(actually had a similar problem at Disney too- But they compansate well so dont mind to much!)
If i told you the story of when Covid hit- and the room cleaning situation
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
Which Hotel was that?
Last time we stayed on Idrive we noticed the cleaning issue and that was before Covid-(actually had a similar problem at Disney too- But they compansate well so dont mind to much!)
If i told you the story of when Covid hit- and the room cleaning situation
To be honest, we're not on I-Drive, we're next to Seaworld at a Homewood Suites.

They're saying it's to not disturb you, and to minimise contact, cleaning every 3 days... yet breakfast is a food fighting fest, no social distancing, all self serve 🙂 Then they can't do the free evening meals/drinks because of Covid 🙂🙂 All cost saving.

Anyway moving to a three bed, two bath condo today. Less money than HW Suites!

So onwards & upwards.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Our turn soon. Heading to Jamaica on Wednesday for 15 nights with 2 of our children, their partners and 4 of our grandchildren. They are heading back to the U.K. after 2 weeks leaving us to hopefully head to Anna Maria.

It’s been a long time…..

Covid tests tomorrow so everything crossed!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Our turn soon. Heading to Jamaica on Wednesday for 15 nights with 2 of our children, their partners and 4 of our grandchildren. They are heading back to the U.K. after 2 weeks leaving us to hopefully head to Anna Maria.

It’s been a long time…..

It sounds wonderful! Have a great time 😊
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post

It’s been a long time…..

Good luck with the tests and have a wonderful time out there
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List