Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 31 Jul 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Booking question for split stays

Hi all,

So hopefully wanting to get a trip booked for September next year for 18 nights.

I'm an owner at the Poly so can begin booking soon. However this trip around we're going to have my mother and father in law with us. We're thinking of doing 3 or 4 nights at the poly then the other two weeks either at boardwalk (ideally) or maybe AKL or BLT. Now as these resorts aren't my home and there's going to (I imagine) a massive demand for rooms next year, how would you propose I book this trip?

Do I book the full 18 nights at the Poly then alter the booking closer to the time to what resorts are available for the 14 nights away from the Poly and risk being stuck at the Poly for the full stay if we can't get what we want, or book the 4 nights at the Poly and hold out until the 7 month window rolls around and book the 14 nights away from the Poly then and hope all goes to plan?

Hope this makes at least some sense, Cheers!
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'd book the Poly for the full trip but split it up ready to modify. Put different people as the lead person on each booking to stop them being automatically merged.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Definitely book the Poly for the whole trip just incase so you at least have somewhere to stay.

I agree with booking it in chunks so it's easy to modify if and when other resorts become available.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I always secure my duration at our home resort and then play around at 7 months. Better to be stuck at one resort than risk not having anything
Old 31 Jul 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Totally agree - book the Poly for the duration but separate bookings as it will be easier to swap at seven months.
Old 31 Jul 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all. Excuse my stupidity, but what do you mean by “separate bookings”?
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by robbrdbry View Post
Thanks all. Excuse my stupidity, but what do you mean by “separate bookings”?
If you're booking 18 at the Poly to start you would book for example :

4 nights your name
7 nights another family members name
7 nights your name

It make it easier at seven months to modify if they are individual bookings.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As others book your HR for the full stay, then at least you have a "fallback" if you can't do plan A. BW & BLT maybe your stumbling blocks, BLT usually has availability in the points heavy rooms. As far as AKV, savers might be out but most times when I've looked there has always been standards.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all, that makes plenty of sense now.

Yeah, i',m not hopeful. However depending on resort i'll be looking at getting a 2 bed at BWV or AKL so i'm hoping that'll mean a bit more availability.
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry to bump this, but the inevitable booking window day is nearly upon us. In regards to booking with different names, can I do this after the initial booking (modify the booking) or does it have to be done at time of booking?

e.g. if i book 1st-18th when the window opens then chop the stay up into
1-4th - me
5-11th - wife
12-18th - me

if that makes sense? as i'm assuming if we book them seperately they'd give us different rooms. Sorry if these questions seem idiotic but I don't think i'd be as stressed if there wasn't so much demand with the 50th etc.