VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Last time I went was a good few years ago. I went with a Friend let’s just say never again.

Bus driver got lost so we where a hour late
Took 90 minutes for bus driver to get our tickets
Staff rude
Rides kept brake if down
Went for a meal which was horrible told the staff just walked away cost over 20.00 for stale fish and chips
Put in complaint did not even reply
Sent letter to head office no reply
Called said they get back no reply
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Last time I went was a good few years ago. I went with a Friend let’s just say never again.

Bus driver got lost so we where a hour late
Took 90 minutes for bus driver to get our tickets
Staff rude
Rides kept brake if down
Went for a meal which was horrible told the staff just walked away cost over 20.00 for stale fish and chips
Put in complaint did not even reply
Sent letter to head office no reply
Called said they get back no reply
To be fair to towers, the bus thing wasn’t their fault.
Theme park food is always pretty shoddy but never had anything really awful there.
We had a complaint when they first reopened after covid and someone called us before we’d even left the park!
She was brilliant and so helpful.
Drayton manor on the other hand, terrible customer service and we most definitely won’t be going back.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

Alton Towers is our favourite of the UK ones in terms of grounds, rides and park vibe (with Drayton Manor being our least favourite!) but it still lacked lots of the charm and storytelling (and indoor rides!) that Disney has when we went (a few years ago now!) Have never stayed in the hotels - was looking earlier today at the Alton Towers hotel but they only had deluxe rooms and suites free for our dates, which are really expensive considering they look more like you’re paying for theme than niceness, it’s term-time and the park tickets etc look like they’re on top of that!

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We went last summer and stayed overnight. We really enjoyed the park and would certainly go again, we’re it not so far from West Cornwall.

We stayed in their accommodation (Splash landings hotel) and I would describe it as a little shabby, but ok. We had the buffet evening meal and to be honest, it was lousy.. sort of Cici standard. I guess that we kind of got what we paid for. We would upgrade and go for different accommodation next time.

The gardens and site as a whole are really impressive, likewise the castle/ Manor House.
We always stay over night as it takes us ages from South Wales and hadn’t stayed on site for a good few years but recently paid £300 for a room at the main hotel for three of us for one night - and it was a Sunday !
We usually stay at The Spitfire or Hurricane premier inn which if I’m honest is far better in terms of value room size etc but of course if Its nice not to drive after a day around the park .
We really enjoy our days there .
I can’t compare to Blackpool as haven’t been since I was 14 .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We are going tomorrow two hour drive up at crack of dawn lol but kids absolutely love it
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I’m going to start offering up bed and breakfast, we aren’t too far away have to say I prefer Drayton manor but everyone likes different things.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
I’m going to start offering up bed and breakfast, we aren’t too far away have to say I prefer Drayton manor but everyone likes different things.
You’d make a killing
Accommodation was really limited in the area when we went and was expensive.Beautiful area though - lucky you .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
To be fair to towers, the bus thing wasn’t their fault.
Theme park food is always pretty shoddy but never had anything really awful there.
We had a complaint when they first reopened after covid and someone called us before we’d even left the park!
She was brilliant and so helpful.
Drayton manor on the other hand, terrible customer service and we most definitely won’t be going back.
Hi yes have to Agee but the thing that really got me the attitude of the staff they seemed if they could not care less but I do Agee about the bus even the bus driver said staff where very unhelpful and rude
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

We were there on Friday with our rainy day return ticket... Got on more than previous day but still massive qs on many.. 90 min we waited for wickerman when it was advertised 65!
Still not managed to ride the smiler

We didn't have any food bought there. Instead found a hungry horse on the way back

I did consider the pizza pasta buffet as its back £14 for all you can eat and drink but the pizzas didn't look too great tbh, all deep pan
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
We were there on Friday with our rainy day return ticket... Got on more than previous day but still massive qs on many.. 90 min we waited for wickerman when it was advertised 65!
Still not managed to ride the smiler

We didn't have any food bought there. Instead found a hungry horse on the way back

I did consider the pizza pasta buffet as its back £14 for all you can eat and drink but the pizzas didn't look too great tbh, all deep pan
Tip to get on The Smiler is to use the single rider lane! My kids use that every time and it’s very quick and they often end up on the same carriage or just behind each other
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List