Notices

Old 8 Sep 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Hey jumping on here as we're going in October. When I booked it I only opted for the 1 day at the park and a day at the water park but I think we'd like a 2nd day at the park. I could have added it at the time of booking for £40. Does any one know if there's offers for tacking on a 2nd day before you leave the park on day 1? Something tells me they were offering that the last time we were there.

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
Hey jumping on here as we're going in October. When I booked it I only opted for the 1 day at the park and a day at the water park but I think we'd like a 2nd day at the park. I could have added it at the time of booking for £40. Does any one know if there's offers for tacking on a 2nd day before you leave the park on day 1? Something tells me they were offering that the last time we were there.
I know what you mean and I did look for it when we were there - didn’t see any such offer - unfortunately
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
I know what you mean and I did look for it when we were there - didn’t see any such offer - unfortunately
Ah that's a bummer

irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We went the weekend 23rd - 25th (Fri - Sun) stayed at the Alton Towers hotel, went to the water park on the Friday which we loved then did Sat + Sun in the parks, biggest wait time was smiler at 60 minutes then Wickerman at 45 minutes and 13 was similar, all the rest were around 30-35 minute mark.

Queue times were the quietest first hour or so when park opened any then after 4 - just like other theme parks really.

The only thing that let it down for us was the food, there isn't many options for anything healthy (surprise surprise!).
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you tried going back into your booking and adding it? We originally had 2 park days then added a water park day this way no issues.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

It wouldn't let me add the 2nd day. But it's ok, I phoned them. They cancelled the 1-day tickets and charged me for 2-day tickets

Old 8 Sep 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

The last time I went, there was a koisk offering upgrades to a second day or annual passes near the exit.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Me and DD went yesterday, we originally were going to stay overnight but decided to just do a day visit, we arrived at 830 and were allowed in at 9 for the 10am opening. Went straight to Smiler and were first in the queue so got that out the way by 1005, Rita and Oblivion were down so we had to go back later in the day which cost us time but we got 14 rides done including all the big 7 and rode Wickerman 3 times. We recommend riding Wickerman late in the afternoon as it seemed faster than at lunchtime when we first rode.

One thing I wouldn't do again is the monorail after park closing, the queue was huge and it took us about 35 minutes to get to our car whereas we walked in the morning and it took around 20.

We used the 2 for 1 voucher on Seabrooks crisps for our tickets.
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I’ve always gone on a weekday in either September or March and I’ve never really had to queue for anything, it’s always been very quiet, so personally I’d never go on a weekend.

We really enjoy it though, it’s a good day out.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Smidge96
Looking for my Ears

Really good theme park, quick modes of transport around and rides are fun and thrilling.
Smidge96 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List