Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 1 Sep 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I suspect they are after non extended contracts. They currently have a big problem- only a percentage are extended. When the others end, the resort will remain open, but there will be a huge amount of dues disappear. This gives major headaches.
I suspect they are wanting to buy up unextended contracts on the cheap (suspect the 10% above what we would normally offer is still well below market value), extend, and sell as newly extended. Eating away at the problem they now have.
The other issue they potentially have is it is thought by some (haven’t checked it out) that the extension is on the property, and they can’t stop owners who have the earlier expiration from using it. If that is correct they could be left with a mess of some owners accepting the situation and walking away, some insisting they can continue by just paying dues etc.
They tried to get owners who didn’t extend to sign a ‘quit claim’ but the sensible ones simply refused. One guy claimed he was badgered to sign it every time he stayed there, so got his lawyers involved, and they (DVD) went away and stopped bothering him. Maybe he was just someone making the story up, but he all sounded credible at the time- this was 5+ years ago I read his account.
Good thinking - I hadn’t considered that. I suspect you may be right.
Old 1 Sep 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
AsthmaticAthlet
New Poster (5)

I received this email 10 minutes ago.

I am a resale SSR owner and only bought my contract last year - the previous owner had used those alotted points already.

The first set of points I am due to receive are December this year.

I can't understand the algorithm at all.
AsthmaticAthlet is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Anzolo
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve had the same email this morning and we own at AKV.

DLP 2001. Holiday Inn Maingate West 2003, 2005, Villas of Somerset 2007. Indian Point 2008. AKV 2010. AKV & BLT 2011. VB & AKV 2013. NYC, AKV, VGF 2015. AKV & VGF 2017. OKW & AKV 2019.
Anzolo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

Another theory …. Disney seem to be messaging all DVC resorts and the current resale market is extremely busy. Maybe Disney want to purchase cheap and resell - making a profit. Disney are offering a lot less, even after allowing for agents commission.
Old 1 Sep 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

I own extended contract at OKW, original owner.
No email from DVC but then I don’t recall getting any communication from them other than confirmation of reservation.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Is that actually a good deal then, all things considered? It doesn't look it on the face of things.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
Another theory …. Disney seem to be messaging all DVC resorts and the current resale market is extremely busy. Maybe Disney want to purchase cheap and resell - making a profit. Disney are offering a lot less, even after allowing for agents commission.
Yes I think this is correct, they emailed an Animal Kingdom owner.
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Is that actually a good deal then, all things considered? It doesn't look it on the face of things.
No, it’s a poor deal unless you have a very large contract that would only sell for about 100 before commission and Disney would give you 88.

But say if they are giving 80 for OKW, then you could get about 100 + for that after commission for non extended. Extended more. Disney will then simply resell that for 175.
Old 2 Sep 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
No, it’s a poor deal unless you have a very large contract that would only sell for about 100 before commission and Disney would give you 88.

But say if they are giving 80 for OKW, then you could get about 100 + for that after commission for non extended. Extended more. Disney will then simply resell that for 175.
Bit cheeky really I think. They know some people might be struggling and on the fence with it.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I had an E Mail overnight offering to buy our SSR Points. Do they really think I would fall for that old chestnut.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:13 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List