Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Sep 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We had a late offer of a sleepover for master Bozza last week so we took advtantage of popping into town for dinner. Drove in and cabbed back, because drinking and driving isn't cool, kids.

The next morning I ran the four miles back into town to collect the car before it got ticketed. Mrs B was still in bed when I left home, so I thought I'd impress her with my hunter-gatherer skills and bring back breakfast from McDonalds.

I ordered via the big touchscreen thing and then went to wait for my order. Whilst standing there for about 5-6 minutes I witnessed a customer relentlessly abuse both the staff and then what I assume was the manager. It was horrible to witness. When he wasn't getting much of a reaction, he became extra-nasty, talking down at them for working in McDonalds.

Worse still, this seemed to embolden a few waiting delivery drivers who also got stuck in, verbally at least.

I assumed this sort of incident would be quite rare, but from what you've said, this is not the case which is very sad to read.
It’s pretty shocking to hear them when they come home , one is studying a levels and only recently started working there and has been upset by some customers in such a short time. A girl yesterday threw up in the car park while he was taking out a car delivery and she then hurled abuse at him shouting at him to get it cleaned up ! He politely declined and went to report it to the manager .
The eldest is a uni student and works in a non drive through and they shut at midnight but he’s often not home before 2 as they have to deep clean everything and there are normally 3-4 of them on shift. They also get the town centre abuse and I’ve lost count how many times police come. One incident last year involved a guy with a knife . These are kids dealing with this abuse ! But I hear it’s pretty much the same in retail. Manners seem to have disappeared with covid I’m afraid.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
So definitely a change for the worse then for staff and customers

I worked in Macs when I was in college and my experience was a very good one
It was very hard work especially on a close- cleaning the whole store after a shift but I did enjoy my time there overall

I Remember you were expected to have served a customer with 3 mins from them joining the queue
That’s definitely changed!
They don’t have the staff for that and the enhanced cleaning has doubled workload as well as the never ending deliveries.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
It’s not just McDs. I went to Starbucks to have a sit in coffee and waited so long for it due to staff constantly preparing delivery orders. It was really noticeable
I’ve noticed this at Starbucks
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My daughter recently left McDonald’s after working there for 3 years since she was 16. She loved working there but it was such hard work. They have become so busy with mainly all the deliveries and she says they’d often have more orders pending than could even fit on the screen! The job is a skilled one, I really didn’t appreciate how much they have to juggle. She regularly got abuse from customers too. She was on the management pathway but left as got a 9-5 office job as was fed up working such anti social hours!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
Dd hates working there now she used to tolerate it as the wage is good for her age but her new manager is a right b@tch and making her life hell and the customers seem to be getting ruder and more abusive daily she’s been trying to find a new job for ages with no luck
Delivery accounts for around 70% of dds store orders and that creates large backlogs of orders. They are also short staffed as people keep leaving and the new staff are still being trained so work slower.
It’s horrible and even worse when you have nasty managers too! I don’t understand why people are so cruel, no way would I be rude to a member of staff, I was brought up to show respect, even when things don’t go my way.

I remember one man clicking his fingers at me and shouting “oi”, I turned around and said “I’m not a dog, please don’t click your fingers at me”. He proceeded to talk to me like dirt, “you work in McDonald’s, you don’t know anything so don’t have a go at me”. I then got into trouble for challenging him! It was “the customer is always right” with my main manager, some of the lower managers were nice, but the main one was a cow!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I'm finding these stories of hurling abuse at staff disgraceful, what have we become as a society that thinks it's acceptable, the drive through staff at our McDonald's are really polite and always wish you a good day, I cannot imagine how people can be so rude to them, is it just a Mcdonalds thing because it's usually youngsters serving? A dreadful example to set at the same time showing how people should not behave, feel sorry for the staff with that sort of behaviour hurled at them.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I won’t tell my daughter some of these horror stories. That’s just awful Fluffypenguin to be treated like that at work.
Daughter is enjoying having the money and she says the managers and staff are all ok…so far ! It is a town centre branch so no drive through. They do seem to want her to do a lot of hours and she starts sixth form college on Monday so she will need to get in to a routine there.

I understand it’s frustrating waiting but people just need to be a bit patient and not expect everything that second. Just calm down and think of the poor kid behind the counter !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Yep my daughter is working there right now. She has worked her way up and has just been promoted to shift manager . She is a student nurse and qualifies next year so will finish mcds then. She has been there since 16 and is now 21 and has stuck at it.
The abuse is relentless. She had someone calling her the c word, saying they were so thick that’s why they were working there , she did point out all the staff were at uni . If I saw someone speak to my daughter the way some of these people do I wouldn’t be responsible for my action.
There are a loads of staff shortages and combined with more deliveries it’s not surprising how it is . Most of mcds are franchises.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Yep my daughter is working there right now. She has worked her way up and has just been promoted to shift manager . She is a student nurse and qualifies next year so will finish mcds then. She has been there since 16 and is now 21 and has stuck at it.
The abuse is relentless. She had someone calling her the c word, saying they were so thick that’s why they were working there , she did point out all the staff were at uni . If I saw someone speak to my daughter the way some of these people do I wouldn’t be responsible for my action.
There are a loads of staff shortages and combined with more deliveries it’s not surprising how it is . Most of mcds are franchises.
That’s good that your daughter has stuck at it and it has seen her through uni. This is my daughters plan. It’s not actually bad money compared to other shop/ bar work. She is only 16 but was looking for a part time job where she could transfer when she goes to uni. The manager has said that they are usually able to do this. Hopefully she will stick to it but we will just have to make sure it isn’t affecting her college work.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
I always thought we were missing out - no Uber eats or deliveroo around here (fairly rural so not worth it).

Our nearest McDonald’s is 6 miles away and still super fast - we can bring our food home and it’s still hot.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List