Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Sep 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jorgebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Are there any benefits to staying onsite for one night?

Hi we are booked to go to Florida in March and have 3 nights at Universal hotel followed by 11 night villa. We have two day Disney tickets and park reservations and I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile staying over for one night - it would be the WDW Dolphin and I have some vouchers that make it quite cheap, although in saying that I could probably use them elsewhere, just wondered if there are any real benefits to it?
Jorgebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

None whatsoever in my opinion. Oh and remember to factor in the resort fee for the Dolphin.

Edited at 02:20 PM.
jim jehosofat is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Not really, unless your stay would fall on one of the deluxe evening hours (Monday at Epcot, Wednesday at MK) since Dolphin gets access to those.

There are a couple of minor benefits such as the half hour early entry and earlier access to booking the pay per ride attractions on Genie. Dolphin is confirmed to get the former, I am assuming they will get the latter but full details on Genie haven't been released yet. But whether that's worth an overnight stay depends on how much value that would add. If you're desperate to get on RotR for example, being able to book first (or rope drop first) could make a big difference.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

The only thing beneficial is the 30 minutes in earlier than non site guests.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jorgebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks, yep didn’t think there would be much, we are visiting HS on the Tuesday and AK on the Wednesday so evening hours won’t be available. I’m not sure we are too fussed about Rotr - maybe we should be lol but definitely want to get on foP
Jorgebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Very Serious Dibber

Agree with others at the moment most of the old perks have disappeared. Still hoping some of them come back but not looking likely
Arsenal8 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The main benefits are:
  • Additional 30 minutes early entry at the parks for your length of stay. So this would cover your check-in and check-out days (I would assume).
  • Extra evening hours if you stay on a Monday or Wednesday.
  • Being close to HS and Epcot, which you can walk to or get the boat transport.

TBH, there weren't really any more benefits previously with a 1 night stay. The only one that comes to mind was being able to book fastpasses earlier than offsite guests but that only applied for your check-in and check-out days. so I would say there's just as much reason now to book a 1 night deluxe onsite stay as there was a couple of years ago.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The main benefits are:
  • Additional 30 minutes early entry at the parks for your length of stay. So this would cover your check-in and check-out days (I would assume).
  • Extra evening hours if you stay on a Monday or Wednesday.
  • Being close to HS and Epcot, which you can walk to or get the boat transport.

TBH, there weren't really any more benefits previously with a 1 night stay. The only one that comes to mind was being able to book fastpasses earlier than offsite guests but that only applied for your check-in and check-out days. so I would say there's just as much reason now to book a 1 night deluxe onsite stay as there was a couple of years ago.
There used to be a glitch here because we never stay onsite, but did so for one night a few years ago, when we particularly wanted to avoid a very very long queue to meet Elsa and Anna. Staying for just one night at the start of our trip opened up the 60 day booking window for the two weeks we were there. Which was brilliant as otherwise you only had a 30 day window.

I think that glitch - well I call it a glitch, but it was seemingly known and allowed - was stopped a few years ago. And my understanding now is booking windows aren't in effect anyway.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If you stay 1 night onsite with DVC then you don't pay for Park Parking for 2 days AND you don't pay resort parking.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Having done it, (pre pandemic) even with the perks I don’t think it’s worth it. To enjoy a resort properly you need a minimum of three nights. The only exception I’d make is if, like us, you are attending an after hours event. We did one night at AOA for MVMCP in 2019, and it was nice to be able to get a bus back to the hotel late at night.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List