Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Powerfush - some help, please!

Exciting topic for a Saturday night 😉. We’re getting an extension soon and will be replacing our old boiler. British Gas told us a couple of years ago that we needed our pipes flushed. We did actually book them in but they cancelled a couple of times and we just left it!

So, I’ve read you should have the pipes flushed before installing a new boiler. Does this have to be when the new boiler is being fitted or can we get ahead of the game and get this done before our extension kicks off? Just not sure if there’s any downside to that? Many thanks.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The Powerflush should be done at the same time a new Boiler is installed. No way would I want years of sludge running through a new piece of kit.

Plus the price for the labour for installing a new Boiler should include a full flush anyhow as that's what is recommended.

We had a flush by British Gas maybe 10 years ago. I didn't think we needed it and it was a gimmick. What a load of nonsense that was! The sludge that came out was unbelievable, the system was 50% better at least and my gas bills dropped.

It was done again last year when we had a new boiler in and not much came out this time so the inhibitor I put in worked well.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We had a powerflush last week without a new boiler installation. It took most of the day.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We had a powerflush last week without a new boiler installation. It took most of the day.
Did you see the machine and what came out? If so I bet you were shocked.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Ours was included in the price of the installation of the new boiler.

If someone installing a new boiler is doing it with a guarantee how can they do that without knowing it had been flushed properly. So surely it would have to be done then anyway.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The Powerflush should be done at the same time a new Boiler is installed. No way would I want years of sludge running through a new piece of kit.

Plus the price for the labour for installing a new Boiler should include a full flush anyhow as that's what is recommended.

We had a flush by British Gas maybe 10 years ago. I didn't think we needed it and it was a gimmick. What a load of nonsense that was! The sludge that came out was unbelievable, the system was 50% better at least and my gas bills dropped.

It was done again last year when we had a new boiler in and not much came out this time so the inhibitor I put in worked well.
Thanks, Tom. I’m pretty sure ours will be the same - dread to think how much gunk there is in ours. Will definitely get one done, probably need to ask the builder if he plans to do one.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Ours was included in the price of the installation of the new boiler.

If someone installing a new boiler is doing it with a guarantee how can they do that without knowing it had been flushed properly. So surely it would have to be done then anyway.
You’re probably right about the guarantee. Will need to ask our builder - was just keen to get something out of the way. Thanks!
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Did you see the machine and what came out? If so I bet you were shocked.
They set up a great big machine in the bathroom but no I didn’t look at what came out. I bet it was bad as our hot water and heating had completely stopped working due to the blockages. We had been using the immersion only for about a month waiting to get someone in.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List