Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Oct 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I need some petrol for the mower in my can, and I am bricking it thinking I will be assassinated.

Disney332
I have my own gardening co and if I don’t get any petrol by Tuesday I won’t be able to work so if I see some I’m filling my cans up couldn’t care less what anyone says!
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
I have my own gardening co and if I don’t get any petrol by Tuesday I won’t be able to work so if I see some I’m filling my cans up couldn’t care less what anyone says!
We had to fill a can up mid week as we dare not take the actual vehicle the fuel was for, due to it having very low fuel!
It was however a legitimate carrier not a water bottle! - can you believe people using such a thing 😳
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by force ten View Post
l wonder what the percentage of cars on the road are still running diesel as around here we seem to be short of diesel rather than petrol

l wanted petrol for a trip yesterday and normally l would go in to the gas station and fill the tank to the brim but on Friday l put £30.00 in as somebody may need that fuel more than l do and l still have just over a over a hundred miles range but could have easily filled with petrol yesterday at three or four gas stations that l passed l
It’s been mixed here, some days no petrol and then some days no diesel.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Our nearest Tesco seemed to be pretty much back to normal since yesterday
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Saw lots of signs, if not for petrol, for diesel, and HGV fuel- how many service stations it referred to I’m not sure. Watford Gap had nothing at all last night.
We passed a few stations with fuel as we drove into London (drove in via Holloway etc). The few with fuel had big queues. Much larger than up in Yorkshire.
Yes, not long back from a road trip; no issues or queues in Scotland, Cumbria, Northumberland, Yorkshire or Derbyshire.

We’ve queued today at our local Sainsbury’s in West London for petrol for 30 minutes; they had both petrol & diesel and it was well managed by their staff who were making those trying to queue jump go to the back of the queue.

Seems like a real London/South East issue.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

I live in Devon and so far had no problem getting diesel for the car. My husband is also an HGV driver and has worked for all different people, he has done over 16 years in Formula 1. We currently don't have much work at all in our area for HGV drivers, my husband has had 2 shifts cancelled this week. I have no idea where people are quoting these high wages from DH gets £15 per hour locally and he has to drive from Exeter to Birmingham and back on a night shift for that money. The IR 35 has sent all the foreigners who were under the radar running back to their own countries. DH is treated like a piece of sh*t by many people and no one can speak to him like a human being. He then drives to an F1 team and takes the team out to which ever circuit the race is at carrying an un-insurable load worth millions of pounds. It costs money for the licence CPC, taco card, medicals and VOSA are always stopping lorries. The industry is given no respect, it is no wonder companies are suffering for drivers. They are not treated as a skilled job but believe me they need to know and understand so much.
Old 8 Oct 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
I live in Devon and so far had no problem getting diesel for the car. My husband is also an HGV driver and has worked for all different people, he has done over 16 years in Formula 1. We currently don't have much work at all in our area for HGV drivers, my husband has had 2 shifts cancelled this week. I have no idea where people are quoting these high wages from DH gets £15 per hour locally and he has to drive from Exeter to Birmingham and back on a night shift for that money. The IR 35 has sent all the foreigners who were under the radar running back to their own countries. DH is treated like a piece of sh*t by many people and no one can speak to him like a human being. He then drives to an F1 team and takes the team out to which ever circuit the race is at carrying an un-insurable load worth millions of pounds. It costs money for the licence CPC, taco card, medicals and VOSA are always stopping lorries. The industry is given no respect, it is no wonder companies are suffering for drivers. They are not treated as a skilled job but believe me they need to know and understand so much.
Interesting how it varies. I have a friend who has a small haulage firm and has been saying for years how the infrastructure for drivers in this country is awful, in Europe there are far better facilities for trucks. I spoke to another friend yesterday who said they have lost drivers as they have left jobs where they have a contract to go elsewhere for better money but without a contract. I'm not sure his industry.

Queues for petrol finally seem to be easing around here.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List