Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 25 Sep 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for your reply! Can I ask what courthouse you got married at? I’m guessing there are no vows and you just sign a piece of paper?
Osceola. No we had a small ceremony there. It was lovely for us.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just jumping in the bandwagon to say we got married at Cypress Grove as well! It was really beautiful. Definitely worth looking in to.
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We got married here chapeloflovefl/

We waited until it was dark so we could have a fairy lit Gazebo. There wasn't an Elvis when we got married there.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I’m planning a big family holiday next year and flippantly mentioned to my sister that she may as well get married while we’re there! Anyway, a couple of weeks later I am now the wedding planner 🤗

Could anyone help with cheap outdoor wedding venues around the Disney area? I actually got married in Miami but I know nothing about venues in the Disney area nor of ones that would suit my sisters budget. She’s hoping for a ceremony of no more than $500. I found this place (chapeloflovefl/) but looking at Google street view the area looks a bit sketchy plus it’s a fair distance from when we’re staying as we’ll all be at the Polynesian. The style of wedding with gazebo would suit my sister to a tea though!

Any ideas or links would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Absolutely it isn’t in a sketchy area , and the owner is wonderful.
We got married there three years ago and returned a year later to revisit.
It’s in Eustis which is residential and very close to Mount Dora.
Both towns have lakeside restaurants and my only regret is I didn’t book an extra hour of photography lakeside after the ceremony.
We had the outside ceremony but I liked the idea that if Florida weather let us down , the chapel was there as a fall back (it’s lovely inside)
It’s forty minutes from Disney , once out of Orlando you are into rural horse country , it’s a nice drive.
It felt a million miles away from the concrete, madness and busyness of Orlando.
It’s also incredibly good value for money. I only found one other venue in your price range and was put off by comments that you were married in someone’s back garden , even if their garden did border a lake.
I have video of the ceremony on YouTube, nothing professionaljust an iPad job that I’ve never got around to editing (and my stepdaughter filmed half of it sideways) but it shows the ceremony outside , I can send you a link if you like.
It was a very personal ceremony , the officiant even asked if we wanted God included or not ! You didnt feel like it was a business and they never schedule ceremonies back to back so if you are running late or the next wedding arrives early you don’t have them milling around as ive seen at some chapels.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LouH View Post
We are having our vow renewal here in December (was supposed to be August)

So far the email dealings with Theresa have been amazing!
Theresa is an absolute sweetheart. She will literally do anything you ask for .
She loves what she calls her British brides although she obviously has good US trade too.
She had a wedding business in MI for years before getting fed up with the winters and moving to Florida.
The chapel features on a US episode of 90 day fiancé btw .

Edited at 10:03 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I have only been to Osceola Courthouse to renew my daughters' US passports but it is a beautiful old style building inside and out. I believe it is pretty popular for tourist weddings.
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We picked up our licence there. I don’t remember it been beautiful but I do remember the longest part was getting through security. It was tougher than most airports !
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We picked up our licence there. I don’t remember it been beautiful but I do remember the longest part was getting through security. It was tougher than most airports !
I wonder if they had some kind of security alert? We were through security in about 1 minute.
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don’t know , nothing we knew about.
We were there in the September and although I knew they’d be closed for Labor Day I was quite surprised all the courthouses were closed for Yom Kippur too.
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies. I think the chapel in Eustis is probably going to suit her the best as it's so cheap and looks pretty.

Only question is how we get there as we'll be in Disney so any times on transportation would be appreciated. Thank you! 🙂