Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Sep 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

CCV studio VS OKW 1bed

If you could choose between a CCV studio or an OKW 1bed, what would you go for? I can't make up my mind! Trying to budget points accordingly and also stay in resorts we haven't stayed in yet. I've narrowed it down to these 2 choices.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I own at Copper Creek and always stay in a studio - although next year we are hoping to try Boardwalk for a change.
The studios are lovely but small compared to an OKW 1 bed! Really depends which location you prefer and whether you want more space.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
I own at Copper Creek and always stay in a studio - although next year we are hoping to try Boardwalk for a change.
The studios are lovely but small compared to an OKW 1 bed! Really depends which location you prefer and whether you want more space.
Thanks. I still can't decide! Do you think the extra space is worth it for a week?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

I also own at CCV but have only stayed in an alternate studio. However I would still choose a 1 bed over any studio in any location as I like the space.
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I would go for the 1 bed - nice to have the extra facilities and space.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I would choose CCV unless you had 4 adults.

We absolutely loved this location and it’s the only non Boardwalk resort I would return too.

However, when we were planning out last trip we opted for the 1bed at OKW as with 4 adults we need more than 1 sofa bed.

Could you do a week at each?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Agree with Bev, absolutely CCV if it’s 2 people, I couldn’t have 4 people in a studio for more than a couple of nights.

Tbh even the one beds at CCV felt compact compared to other resorts, specifically OKW where the rooms are huge.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I really value your input guys! It's just the 2 of us for a week in May half-term. Sadly we can't go outside of school holidays 😩

We will also have a car, if that makes any difference? We do either a morning or an afternoon/evening in the parks, and enjoy down-time in the room or by the pool. I love the look of both CCV and OKW. The fact that CCV has internal corridors is a plus, although does it make much difference?

In SSR we did have to cover a crack under the door, as a rather large bug came in one night... DH never heard me scream so much while washing up at the sink 😱😂

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The studios at CCV are mostly on the ground floor if that makes a difference to you, as was the one we had in December 2019, we actually really liked it which surprised me as I'm used to being higher, and the last time we stayed there had a firework view from our 1 bed, so thought I'd really miss that!

It was so convenient for popping over to Geyser point for coffees in the morning and hot chocolate at night.

My absolute favourite thing to do at CCV is sit by the water down the front, you feel so remote, yet are minutes away from the hustle and bustle of MK, it's just beautiful and what sold the resort to both of us when we were considering buying there.

I think corridors versus own front door is just personal preference, it makes no difference to me to be honest, just down to if you have a preference. CCV can be quite a walk to your car, whereas at OKW it would be parked right outside.

I used to adore OKW when we stayed there earlier in our ownership, but it just doesn't excite me anymore, not really sure why, back then it very much felt like a hidden gem and has certainly got a lot more known and busier, so possibly that's the reason, I'm old and enjoy peace and quiet, I want the hustle and bustle to hand, but enjoy being able to escape it easily.

I do love the DVC Boulder Ridge pool, which is a lot quieter than the main WL pool. (there's a quiet theme here!)

Good luck choosing, it's a great problem to have isn't it

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For what it’s worth I’d also agree. I love WL and CCV is where I’d probably buy if I ever bought a fifth contract (unlikely). But the downside is the rooms are small. 4 in there fine for a few nights or so to see what it’s like and stay at WL, but a 1 bed at OKW will be very comfortable. How long you going for? Couldn’t you do say, 4 nights CCV then move? We also like staying in different places, so even on our upcoming 8 night trip are doing a 4x4 split stay.

Edited at 09:56 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List