Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Oct 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Dave's my experience

Just thought that I would share my experience renting out with Dave's.
Finally rented out all 77 plus 1 extra at $14.50/point, I'm not sure how much I could have gotten elsewhere but reasonably happy to get something as they were going to "die" on 31st May!
So firstly the renting out - What a frustrating experience, maybe I should have done more homework as I didn't realise that booking requests were sent to multiple owners! Nearly every request for my points or a few extra was met with "faster finger first" & whack whack oops! Until last week where I had a confirmed request for 19 points at CC, 3 more e-mails for the rest were met with "sorry" e-mails until today where I have finally used the rest. In total I think I replied to around 15-16 e-mails in total.
Payment wise, I have so far received 75% of the first booking & await the second- again more homework required as it's paid into Paypal & I wrongly assumed that it would be easy to pay directly into Suntrust...erm No! Paypal have an "in-house" FX company/app & initially everything looked great until I come to fill in the recipients' address _ Does not like a US Bank account with a UK address recipient as you cannot get passed the "state" part of the form & have to choose one of the 52! After contacting them multiple times & still not getting an answer to what I asked- they just couldn't seem to grasp that I had a US Bank account registered to a UK address I gave up & just transferred it to my UK Bank. Now of course I can use my XE account but will have in effect lost out on 2 FX charges, I had hoped to just move the $ payment to Sunturst.

Anyway more than happy to have rented out, hopefully I will be able to use my points to the max from next year forward & will never have to do this again !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Glad you got them rented. I listed 435 points and a confirmed reservation with them weeks ago, never even had an email to try and be fastest finger for. Withdrew them and spent them once we had the border announcement!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I got my first email after a few days for 156 points and I was quite late replying but still got the listing.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List