Old 16 Oct 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
I think it's bread sauce.
Whats bread sauce?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by simon View Post
What a great start 🤗
I’ve not done any food buying yet and I still need to bake my Christmas cake 😳
I have however started present shopping 😉
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Yes Luxury Bread Sauce to go with Turkey . 🤗
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I got a shock yesterday when DH went in the loft to find the cards and wrappings I bought (always buy them in January).
I didn't buy any this year! Were we locked down again?!?
I'll have to buy them all full price now - it's going to kill me
Me too, I always get everything half price in January. Clinton were doing 3 for 2 on wrapping paper so Ordered all mine and over £20 you get free delivery. So that’s another thing I’ve done x
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My mil always put bread sauce on the cauliflower I think, it was nice! 😀
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve mustva couple of things to pick up in Florida then I’m done apart from collecting the turkey rib roast and gammon joint all ordered and fresh bits
Cake and mincemeat made ,wine order has come
So apart from wrapping and house decorating tree etc I’m done for us
I do have 3 clients trees and wreaths to do when I come back the others wreaths are done except for a fresh foliage one
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I’ve almost finished my Christmas shopping, need some nice Christmas planters for my two Aunts from the garden centre closer to Christmas, but got stockings, Xmas Eve boxes and Christmas presents sorted for my son, daughter in law and grandaughter.

Grandaughter is getting a ‘grown up’ bed and new bedding etc for main present and just a few bits and bobs, son and daughter in law get alcohol/ perfume etc to open on Christmas Day but main present is money.

DH gets slippers ( he just likes the leather ones from Clark’s) and I get perfume.

Apart from when we were in Disney Xmas 2017, I have always done Christmas lunch, DIL s mum always comes as she is on her own. This year we are invited to her house and we just have to take Dessert!

So just about sorted really! I love Christmas, last year we put the tree up middle of November, will probably do the same this year.!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
I’ve almost finished my Christmas shopping, need some nice Christmas planters for my two Aunts from the garden centre closer to Christmas, but got stockings, Xmas Eve boxes and Christmas presents sorted for my son, daughter in law and grandaughter.

Grandaughter is getting a ‘grown up’ bed and new bedding etc for main present and just a few bits and bobs, son and daughter in law get alcohol/ perfume etc to open on Christmas Day but main present is money.

DH gets slippers ( he just likes the leather ones from Clark’s) and I get perfume.

Apart from when we were in Disney Xmas 2017, I have always done Christmas lunch, DIL s mum always comes as she is on her own. This year we are invited to her house and we just have to take Dessert!

So just about sorted really! I love Christmas, last year we put the tree up middle of November, will probably do the same this year.!
Wow - great organisation. I must admit, we start putting up and decorating the trees (plus outdoor lights) around the 20th Nov, only down to time constraints and the time it all takes but we have a rule that the lights are not switched on until December 1st. The trees then stay up until the 12th night.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Wow - great organisation. I must admit, we start putting up and decorating the trees (plus outdoor lights) around the 20th Nov, only down to time constraints and the time it all takes but we have a rule that the lights are not switched on until December 1st. The trees then stay up until the 12th night.
We haven’t taken the outdoor lights down from last year! They go all the way around the garden perimeter fence then wind round two conifers so decided to just leave them!

My trees and decs always come down New Years Day, they’ve usually been up 5-6 weeks by then so I’m ready for them to come down.!

To be fair, I don’t have a lot of people to buy for at Christmas so it’s easy to be organised. And I’m retired so got plenty of time to do it.

The only problem is, you tell yourself you are finished Christmas shopping then you see something which is ‘perfect’ for someone and you end up buying it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
We do exactly the same, I have 3 tall trees, 2 yew trees in the garden plus a large Conifer in a tub to light up. Then the garage and double gates up the drive ,so need an early start. Our anniversary is December 1st and my birthday 3rd so that’s when all switched on with timers. Generally we get away that first week to warmer parts so time is short. Inside tree is up and decorated before we go but not lit up till we return
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List