Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Sep 12, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Bless you all, you look so cold and tired! Well done for plodding on!

Chickens head on the platter... EEEEEWWWWWWWWW! I'd have been out of there like a shot.

More please

xx
Old 15 Sep 12, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
until we discovered the chicken’s head on the platter
Oh no! That's not cool! I wouldn't have been best pleased.

It looks so beautiful there, the fog is so thick. It looks like a special effect, but it's just the weather. Madness!

Can't wait for more

P.s. I don't care for twinkies either...
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 12, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
Hey Amanda, I didn't realise you were writing a trip report - how exciting! I am now wanting to look up flights to San Francisco. I miss the place. Even if it is cold, and foggy...
Yes, looking back on the pics, we miss it now too - I think we enjoy our memories of it now, more than we actually did at the time !

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Another fab read! I'm prepared for the cold lol!
We thought we were too - but with only one hoody each I think we really needed at least two

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Aw those photos bring back lovely memories of SF and the fog! Great read!
The fog was really atmospheric - it just blinking followed us all the way down the coast

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
What a great read. We never did the HoHo tour, rather regret that now. There just isn't enough time to do everything!
No there certainly isnt , there is so much we didnt do and when I look at other people's trips , i am like "damn, we didnt see/do that" - I think we could easily have had another few days there

Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
Great pictures Amanda - were you the only ones on the HOHO bus?
We were the only ones brave(stupid) enough to sit up the top but being from hardy Scottish stock myself, it takes more than wind and fog to deter me from getting the best view

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
What a shame about the weather, we must have been really lucky the week before as we had a small bit of fog but not much. It was nippy in the mornings and evenings but really nice during the day.
You did have lovely weather , when I showed Andy your pics of Pismo he didnt recognise it as it was in thick fog when we were there, it must have moved in over the weekend that we arrived Of course, it was sunny the day we left SF

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Great photos and trip report. We were lucky enough to go to the Academy of sciences a couple of weeks ago and we really enjoyed it, although I think it only took us about 3 hours to go round. Pictures will be forth coming on our own Trippy when I've started to post it up
Oh, I will look forward to that, its definitely a place I would go back to - I think Andy & I would go back to SF on our own - we would really take our time in there to appreciate it whereas Im not sure the boys would really get the best out of it - hurry up with the trippy please

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Bless you all, you look so cold and tired! Well done for plodding on!

Chickens head on the platter... EEEEEWWWWWWWWW! I'd have been out of there like a shot.

More please

xx
LOL, the phrase "headless chicken" has taken on a whole new meaning in our house. The boys wanted me to take a picture but I couldnt bring myself to. Of course, we only found it after we were about half way through the meal as well and suddenly all felt a bit funny. When the guy said he would do a whole chicken, we didnt think he meant literally the "whole" chicken.

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Oh no! That's not cool! I wouldn't have been best pleased.

It looks so beautiful there, the fog is so thick. It looks like a special effect, but it's just the weather. Madness!

Can't wait for more

P.s. I don't care for twinkies either...
Yeah, the kids see Twinkies so often on TV they wanted to try one - we thought they were a bit sickly. We loved the way the fog could hang mid air, almost cutting the landscape in half but then we came to get a bit fed up of it though by the end - doesnt the weather know we only have a limited number of days for taking photos !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 12, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Really enjoying this trippy. Great write up and brilliant photos. Thanks for posting

Bringing back lots of lovely memories!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 12, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

:)

Enjoying your trip report. I think jet leg really affects you on a west coast trip, I know it hit us all like a sledge hammer on our second day.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 12, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Fantastic photos Amanda shame about the weather.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

SF looks great, love all the art, that monkey bench is great! Your foray into china town made me laugh, I would have been dubious too, a chicken head! Did your boys love it or hate it?
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Great first day, with fantastic photos, looking forward to more xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Brilliant read
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 12, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post
Really enjoying this trippy. Great write up and brilliant photos. Thanks for posting

Bringing back lots of lovely memories!
thanks - i read your trippy while planning so hopefully some tips have paid off

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Enjoying your trip report. I think jet leg really affects you on a west coast trip, I know it hit us all like a sledge hammer on our second day.
We just had not prepared ourselves for jet lag - thinking back we arrived at bedtime in Orlando on our last trip so it never made a difference . I think it took us almost a week to really get ourselves onto West coast time and then of course we went forward a few hours in Florida.

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Fantastic photos Amanda shame about the weather.
It was a shame as when the sun did come out, it was a totally different place - but it was fascinating to see how the fog would literally hang over some parts and never move.

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
SF looks great, love all the art, that monkey bench is great! Your foray into china town made me laugh, I would have been dubious too, a chicken head! Did your boys love it or hate it?
the street art is really impressive and we missed out on loads as we didnt get to Yerba Buena or JapanTown but you never knew what was round the corner which was made it so interesting. The boys were a bit indifferent. They thought Alcatraz was good and they loved the trip on the tram but the rest they thought was "just like a big city"

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Great first day, with fantastic photos, looking forward to more xx
Sarah, thank you , how nice to see you over on the West Coast
You must be super busy - only just over two weeks till you go and so much for me to catch up on your pre -trippy ( I am bad , though, I have been lurking rather than posting )

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Brilliant read
Thank you - i have had a little chuckle writing it
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List