Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 May 16, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I found on the 5:2 diet i go mad eating on the day after the low day.
Was always hungry the next day and over the month lost no weight.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flojo224 View Post
I do 5:2 as a matter of course now. If I want to lose weight I'm good on my 5 days if I want to maintain I eat what I like on those 5 days

Following my last meal at around 7pm I don't eat again until 1pm next day when I will have an extra light laughing cow dip 73kcal plus strawberries, then a meal around 250kcal at night and around 4 teas during day.

It works better for me if I do back to back fasts, normally Tuesday/weds.

You do get used to it and I no longer struggle on my fast days.

Yes, if I go off plan I put weight on but that's because I eat 8 biscuits a day and drink wine not just because I don't fast
I was going to say, a big cup of tea can be good for fighting off hunger pangs, it helps me in any case.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
would recommend you try it. the first couple of fast days will be horrible, but you do get used to it. I'm fasting right now!

I find I only drink juice/water and maybe a cup of tea during the day. then i'll have dinner, either a ready meal or chicken breast/ fish with some roast peppers and onions.
Old 22 May 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have started it using diet now shakes for the 2 days got a wowcher for 4 weeks supply for £13.99 so I thought I would try it. I started last week but I was away at weekend so as long as I haven't put on that will be great
Old 22 May 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

I've started doing the "exante 5:2 diet" along with slimming world and it's working well for me. Although most of the savoury meals are vile the sweet stuff is good like the bars and shakes and I actually really love the maple pancakes. It's 600 cal but I've found 2 days a week not too bad, I drink LOTS of water and go to bed early. I've only struggled when trying to push in a third fast day in a week to up losses, somehow I just don't have the willpower to do 3!
Old 22 May 16, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiexlou View Post
I've started doing the "exante 5:2 diet" along with slimming world and it's working well for me. Although most of the savoury meals are vile the sweet stuff is good like the bars and shakes and I actually really love the maple pancakes. It's 600 cal but I've found 2 days a week not too bad, I drink LOTS of water and go to bed early. I've only struggled when trying to push in a third fast day in a week to up losses, somehow I just don't have the willpower to do 3!
I have just bought some of these shakes- which flavours do you go for?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I have just bought some of these shakes- which flavours do you go for?
I really like the lemon cheesecake and the raspberry white chocolate so far
Old 21 Sep 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I find the M&S Count on Us meals very filling especially the curries - if you get them on a 3 for £10 offer and get ones that freeze they are worth it. The Hairy Bikers do a good mushroom risotto for fasting days too. I lost 1 1/2 stone and kept it off over 18 months.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
This is the only diet I can stick with as it doesn't deny you nice things for long periods of time. If I fancy a doughnut or some chocolate for example I just say to myself "that's OK, you can have some tomoroow". I often go the whole hog on the "2" by not eating anything at all. Not really difficult and it means you can't "accidently" go over your allowance. I appreciate that this approach is not for everyone, but works OK for me.

I do take in some calories though as I drink tea with a little Semi-skimmed in throughout the day.

I've done the diet for 2 years although not always eating nothing on the "2" days. I only do it during hte summer as I find I tend to get really cold in the winter even if I do use up the 600 calorie "allowance". Both years I have started at Easter and this year I will finish at the end of September (I think I went into October last year).

Since doing it I have lost about 2.5 stone and got my BMI back in the normal range. Last winter I put on about 5 pounds but that soon came back off when I started dieting again. Also, I don't stick to it if we go on holiday.

I'm not good at eating low calorie foods on my "5" days but if you were I think you could lose a lot, very quickly.

Quick edit: If you are looking for low calorie options I would really recommend eggs. Reasonably low in calories, full of protein (which has been shown to keep you fuller for longer) and no carbs.

Edited at 09:27 AM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

If you check out the group section on the bottom right of the page, you will see a section on 5.2 run by Mousettes. Loads of good tips on there and Lisa aka Mousettes will even send you notes if you want. She is so helpful and has lost over 5 st I think from memory and kept it off. Have a look
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread