Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Raindroprhyme
New Poster (2)

Mobile Help, first timers, wish been granted.

Hi, my son who has a life limiting disease has had his wish to visit Harry Potter in Florida granted. We are a family of 5 travelling to Give the Kids the world in October for 7 nights. Completely overwhelmed to have been granted this opportunity and no idea where to begin in planning our itinary. We have 2 day passes for universal and 3 days for Disney. My son is 14, and his older brother (18) and younger brother(9) and us his parents. Can anyone help guide me in building an itinary. TIA
Raindroprhyme is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I think others will be more able to help you with itinerary but I just wanted to say have a wonderful holiday. You will love it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

You just need to start with what you really want to do and you’ve hinted that’s Harry Potter! So start there, download the universal and Disney apps as they tell you about rides etc...and start browsing the forum. It’s hard to give you an exact itinerary because all 5 of you may want to do something different. Universal you should be good to get most things done in 2 days...may want to consider their version of fast passes if you can afford.

If you are staying on-site Disney then you’ll get 60 days to do book your fast passes if not then it will be 30 days. I recommend booking the big rides, such as flight of passage and slinky dog.

You’ve got plenty of time, start by doing some research on the different parks as with 3 days Disney you would be hard pushed to see everything. Once you know he parks and/or rides then come back and chuck up a rough itinerary and people can help you from there
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I think the Give Kids the World team have people specially trained to help plan your trip so you can get the best out of it based around your sons particular care needs. I would start with their website and then get in touch with them.

I assume you will be staying at the Give Kids the World Village so start with their pre arrival page gktw/pre/

Anything you are still unsure about I am confident that between the Dibbers we should be able to help.

I hope your family have a wonderful trip.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I think Give Kids The World provide access to a special fastpass so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

I’d try and decide what the priorities are and how much you can manage in a day.

The Harry Potter stuff is amazing and if he is a fan then I’d start there. Get a wand and do the interactive spells. See the little sideshows. Really soak up all the details.

I’d do a morning with Harry and an evening. It’s a different atmosphere after dark. Don’t forget it’s in both parks so take the train between.
Then add in a few highlights in the other Universal parks.

Does your sons condition affect what he can ride?

For Disney, 4 parks in three days is full on. So again it’s make a list of what seems most important. And again consider how much time you can physically manage and prioritise.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
PrincessCastle posted a terrific trip report about her family’s stay at the Give Kids the Worldvillage. There’s a lot of info you might find useful.
Hope you all have a fab week. X
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
GKTW is amazing - we will be volunteering there again in October so come and say hi to us in the Ice Cream Parlour There will be lots of activities going on there and character meets so definitely worth chatting to them and I am sure they will help plan your trip to make it the most amazing experience possible. Have an absolutely wonderful time and make lots of memories xx
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Raindroprhyme
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Thank you so much. We have fantastic, guest assist passes for universal so queueing won't be a issue.
That is reassuring to hear that 2 days us plenty for universal and I guess no queueing gives us more time.
Will download the apps now.
Raindroprhyme is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

Tim Tracker on Youtube has just given a tour of Give the Kids the World ... Well worth a watch.

Have the best time :-)
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have a fab time we were there 6 years ago it is a fabulous place I wish they would giveyou a week to spend in the village as we were never there but your kids are older like ours where and they would rather be in the parks