Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Oct 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
No, you are lucky if you get a spare loo roll.
It will depend on your villa owner. Ours in 2016 had all sorts there for us and we needn’t have taken much basics with us. The next in 2017 there was nothing at all left for us.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

If I've got room I take things like dishwasher tabs, cling film, foil, coffee.

A top tip from me though is to get your kitchen essentials from Dollar Tree before doing your Walmart/Publix shop as you can pick up these items much cheaper!
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
If I've got room I take things like dishwasher tabs, cling film, foil, coffee.

A top tip from me though is to get your kitchen essentials from Dollar Tree before doing your Walmart/Publix shop as you can pick up these items much cheaper!
Thanks for that. USA poundland I presume
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
fatboytez
Very Serious Dibber

Only think we take is tea bags love there coffee but cannot make tea plus never understand why people so many other things.
fatboytez is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
There is a Dollar Tree store at Rolling Oaks beside the Super Target- great place for getting kitchen and bathroom essentials. We like it because the sizes aren’t huge and plenty big for our usual 2 week stay.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

A torch, your own medical kit, notepad and pen, possible a Swiss army knife.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

You are kidding?! I have a holiday home management business and its standard in all my houses that the essentials are provided for the whole of the guests stay.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Toilet rolls in all bathrooms plus 1 spare in each, hand soaps, shampoo and conditioner, kitchen roll, bin bags, dishwasher tablets , laundry detergents, tumble dryer softener sheets,sponges, anti bacteria spray, multi surface sprays, toilet duck,1st aid kit , torches, tea , coffee and sugar for our guests
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Toilet rolls in all bathrooms plus 1 spare in each, hand soaps, shampoo and conditioner, kitchen roll, bin bags, dishwasher tablets , laundry detergents, tumble dryer softener sheets,sponges, anti bacteria spray, multi surface sprays, toilet duck,1st aid kit , torches, tea , coffee and sugar for our guests
Rob
I think this maybe sets the tone for the villa. The one time we did allocated on arrival, there was nothing left at the villa, although we were lucky and the villa was ok. A really nicely kept villa booked privately seems to have some things for the guest - I wonder if this is because the villa owners want the guests to look after the villa? I know I’m generalising here, but it may be true in some cases perhaps.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Rob
We have never had those kind of supplies left for us in any villa we have stayed at, and we have stayed at a few.
You really do look after your guests.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List