Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jmt View Post
Don't wish to be a debbie downer, but don't commit to any spending until you have completed and the keys in your hand. Chains can fall apart after exchange, rarely, but it can happen. If the chain is just you and your seller, unlikely, but if a longer chain - refrain from committing
Thank you, this has been almost falling apart for so long I still worry it won't go ahead! It is basically a first time buyer buying ours, us, and our seller is buying a new retirement home. Apparently our buyer handed in his notice at his rental, and the only thing that might stop it or hold it up is if something happens to the owners of our new property as they are very frail and elderly, but we have checked this out with our solicitor.

Anyway, so far we have only booked people to come after our completion date so can still cancel them, the hotels we have booked are non refundable but if it breaks now we will probably need a night or 2 away
Old 8 Oct 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

How long has it been before you got to this point? I’m curious, as we are selling a separated annexe on our house and it’s taking ages and I get worried our buyer will drop out if it takes too long.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
How long has it been before you got to this point? I’m curious, as we are selling a separated annexe on our house and it’s taking ages and I get worried our buyer will drop out if it takes too long.
Depends where you take it from! Our 1st and 2nd buyers were at the beginning and end of May. One couldn't get a mortgage and the other lost their buyer. Actually both of them have given up trying to sell their houses! This is our 3rd buyer and we accepted his offer on 28th June. However it is him that has caused the delays - he went on holiday for 3-4 weeks, has insisted on 3 surveys, despite nothing being wrong with the house (1st surveyors view, not just ours! ) So I guess you could say it has taken just under 4 months which is actually in the normal timeframe of 12-16 weeks. We were expecting it to be quicker though as he is in rented and the house we are buying the owners were going into an empty retirement place. The house we have bought had been on the market since summer 2018 with 3 price reductions and 1 other offer apart from ours. We were concerned that they would put it back on the market but as they don't really want to move, but their health has made it necessary, they were happy to wait for us. I would really liked to have told our buyer where to go but there aren't buyers out there so we have kept waiting for him and it has paid off. However I don't want to meet him and so glad we are moving well away - sorry he has really soured the excitement of a new house for me.

Good luck with selling your annexe, I guess that is difficult as you will have them as a neighbour!
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

That's fantastic news Julia, I'm so pleased for you ... don't forget to let me have your new address! x
sage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sage View Post
That's fantastic news Julia, I'm so pleased for you ... don't forget to let me have your new address! x
I won't and you will have to come and visit soon. Not sure if it will make any difference to your journey - I will google map it

Hope this weather isn't too hard for you after the Florida sun!
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thank you for your feedback. We accepted our buyers offer whilst in Florida mid August, so I guess we are actually easily within the time frame you mentioned. I live in my old family home so have never been through this before and I have to say, I don’t want to do it again! It’s so stressful. In my minds eye, I thought it would take about 6 weeks, so I was obviously totally wrong.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Congrats on almost being in your new house!

We have been purchasing our first home since August and I'm climbing the walls waiting for it to go through. It's with the solicitors still. I'm 5 months pregnant and just want it to go through before Christmas and before I'm the size of a whale!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, congratulations! What happened with your buyer in the end? I suppose I should go off and read what I've missed from your other thread.

We are still waiting for mortgage to come through and searches too. Our buyers are much more advanced than us as they carried on whilst we were on holiday and ordered the searches, which we thought was happening when we got back. Oops! Still hoping to be in by Christmas for sure.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Congrats on almost being in your new house!

We have been purchasing our first home since August and I'm climbing the walls waiting for it to go through. It's with the solicitors still. I'm 5 months pregnant and just want it to go through before Christmas and before I'm the size of a whale!
All I can say is keep chasing them, they will have 70-80 cases on average and those that pester will get the job done! Our solicitor this time was good, it was our buyers who wasn't. I'm sure you will be in soon and can enjoy Christmas and then your new arrival, good luck with it all x
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Oh my goodness, congratulations! What happened with your buyer in the end? I suppose I should go off and read what I've missed from your other thread.

We are still waiting for mortgage to come through and searches too. Our buyers are much more advanced than us as they carried on whilst we were on holiday and ordered the searches, which we thought was happening when we got back. Oops! Still hoping to be in by Christmas for sure.
It is the troublesome one that is buying it! Well after spending a fortune on surveys he didn't need, he would have to be mad not to carry on (but maybe he is)

Good luck with your sale and purchase (and your job - read it on the other thread ) Once you are in your new house if you want a mini dibb meet just ping me - always up for chatting about holidays and we can compare moves too!