Old 16 Oct 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
No need to be so rude.
Thought this was a thread for EVERYONE to post their thoughts I clearly missed the memo of its only certain people who can post in here.

If you dont like my posts or opinions no need to reply, just move on, but theres definitely no need for the cheeky reply to my post.
Not being rude at all, you objected to the thread. I’m really not bothered who replies. I can’t believe anybody would genuinely offended about comments made about their choice of air freshener. Wish my life was that simple
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
I say give it a go, better finding out whether you like it or not yourself, instead of going by the opinions of others who make fun of people who do like them.

I loved mine last year, think there were 2 tealights that I wasnt keen on but I just put them in our outside lantern to burn.
I definitely preferred it to the Yankee candle one tbh.
Hello! Im with you! I bought one of these on Sunday as I always get my elderly uncle and aunt in law an advent calendar. They used to share a chocolate one but health dictates they cant now. Neither they or I see a problem with this, just because its not a "trendy" brand, costing a fortune for doing the same job doesn't mean its a bad thing. Nothing wrong with having a choice to suit everyone's taste and pocket.
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Blimey some over-reactions on here!
I think it's a question of perspective, to me buying a Yankee candle advent calender is a nice gift whereas an Airwick one seems to be vaguely insulting. And I'm not snobby about Airwick blocks because I love the smell of lily of the valley.

Having seen the post above I don't think an elderly couple would be insulted by Airwick, quite the contrary. I would worry about them remembering to blow out candles tho which is why I tend to use melts or oils now. The times I've got up in middle of the night to check, and I always have!

Edited at 07:15 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Blimey some over-reactions on here!
I think it's a question of perspective, to me buying a Yankee candle advent calender is a nice gift whereas an Airwick one seems to be vaguely insulting. And I'm not snobby about Airwick blocks because I love the smell of lily of the valley.

Having seen the post above I don't think an elderly couple would be insulted by Airwick, quite the contrary. I would worry about them remembering to blow out candles tho which is why I tend to use melts or oils now. The times I've got up in middle of the night to check, and I always have!
So glad it's not just me who wakes up thinking did I blow candle out...

My how a thread that was clearly a bit of a joke post has turned on its head 😳
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have no taste. I love all advent calendars. Last year we had wine, beer, cheese, chocolate, candles, jewellery & Lego calendars & we’re all adults! Lol.
We’re trying to cut down this year so I’ve only bought the Lego HP so far.

Anyway, just wanted to say, B&M always have a really varied/sometimes strange selection of calendars including candles for the common people (I’m one - lol). My favourite weirdo this year though is the Chilli Sauce:

Also, they usually have the lowest priced Lego calendars.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
I have no taste. I love all advent calendars. Last year we had wine, beer, cheese, chocolate, candles, jewellery & Lego calendars & we’re all adults! Lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say, B&M always have a really varied/sometimes strange selection of calendars including candles for the common people (I’m one - lol). My favourite weirdo this year though is the Chilli Sauce:

My OH would detest the chilli sauce one... Guess what I'm buying him 🌶️😂😂😂... Maybe they should put the airwick one next to the chilli sauce one merchandising wise, the smells might compliment each other when the thunder starts
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Well I’ve bought one this year to try as a change from Yankee candle, I’m not bothered if I’m not keen when I light them cos it didn’t cost too much...
I also confess to buying the Christmas scents in the Airwick freshmatic cans, I bought them last year and DH liked them... (only got a bungalow so one in hall and one in living room)... so I’ll be buying them again...
Would I be offended if someone bought me one as a gift... hell no, a gift is a gift and I fall into the OAP category... so does that class me as not so fussy?

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post

Oh I quite like the pringles one 😃 I bought a chocolate biscuit one from b&m last year. Think I’ll take a trip and check theirs out !
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Oh I quite like the pringles one 😃 I bought a chocolate biscuit one from b&m last year. Think I’ll take a trip and check theirs out !
Thing is colette once you pop open the first door you won't be able to stop and will all be open by the 2nd of December... Pringles are lethal and should come with a health warning 😂😂
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Well I’ve bought one this year to try as a change from Yankee candle, I’m not bothered if I’m not keen when I light them cos it didn’t cost too much...
I also confess to buying the Christmas scents in the Airwick freshmatic cans, I bought them last year and DH liked them... (only got a bungalow so one in hall and one in living room)... so I’ll be buying them again...
Would I be offended if someone bought me one as a gift... hell no, a gift is a gift and I fall into the OAP category... so does that class me as not so fussy?
I love Christmas's scents, I'm using the airwick pure mulled wine at minute that's nice and masks the smell of the doggos... Wouldn't want that as a pressie though if I'm honest 😉, but I have received other smellies as Xmas gifts that did smell worse than airfreshner 😂