Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Tesco/Red Spotted Hanky end association

Many thanks to Kirsty (MrsBenny) who, knowing we let the train take the strain, kindly brought this to my attention. Tesco's association with Red Spotted Hanky ends 31st January 2019. I locked myself out of my Tesco account today, after the canny Tesco lad reset we discussed the RSH situation. As this only went live today he put me on hold a couple of times to check the info, so it may, at some point, need re-clarifying.

Apparently Tesco Clubcard Points can be exchanged until 31st Jan 2019, it appears, as per current T&Cs, those RSH e-vouchers remain valid for 6 months. This will assist us as I'm planning to exchange circa £20 for next May's train tickets.

Note: if looking to book train tickets in the not too distant future, much of the system is still in 'muck up' mode following Network Rail's timetable/route changes. Many advance fares aren't on the system... example: our usual £16.60 Durham to Man Airport is anywhere atween £21 to £36.50, or higher, for second class seating. Durham to Man Piccadilly fares, date/time dependant, also banging out at similar figures. We're currently 8 weeks pre travel, normally done 'n dusted by now, but with advance fares showing grayed out/not on the system we haven't yet bought.

The lack of advance fares, based on THIS article, may be a deliberate move:

'The Rail Delivery Group, which represents train operators, is calling for a digital overhaul of fares which could see passengers who buy tickets on board paying the same price as those who have booked months in advance'.

Based on current fares perhaps translation is; aka sting all pax not just those buying on day of travel (I know, cynical moi!)
Old 19 Sep 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m gutted. I’ve been saving our vouchers!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I’m gutted. I’ve been saving our vouchers!
Thanks for the heads up Kirsty, depending on the price of our Man Airport to Durham next May I've a canny amount to use plus I have £25.50 of vouchers sent after our awful return last May, they'll need to be used at Durham's station desk.

Just taken another look at dates, cheapest mock example is the 2.16pm, Durham to Man Picc, Fri 26th Oct at £21, but it's so inconsistent, the 2.38pm to Man Picc is £36.50 but that 2.38pm train is showing three times with 3 different times of arrival into Man Picc, utterly daft! I've also looked on the ticket split website, that's also hit and miss.

The 2.16pm for our date of travel, 16th Nov, Durham to Man Picc is knocking out at £25.50, but Dhm to Man Airport is £37.50! As I've got £8.50 in the RSH pot that equates £25.50 I might bite the bullet. The Man Picc to Heald Green is the usual £4.20.