Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
No for me, if I can I sit with my feet up for most of the flight (not on the seat in front, I’m quite petite and depending on which cabin I’m in, I can tuck my legs under me) and do leg exercises whenever I remember to

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I had a dvt scare a few years ago (fortunately it wasn’t), consultant strongly recommended on flights over 5 hours wear compression socks, no alcohol, drink plenty of water, move around every hour, don’t sleep for too long ie stay in one position, take one aspirin. I’ve followed his advice ever since. He did recommend being measured for compression socks to get a correct fit.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Yes they stop my ankles swelling up. I’ve wore them for about 10 years or more, trues not putting them on one time and couldn’t see my ankle bones for days on arrival in Florida.
Thanks. Think I’ll definitely invest in a pair.👍🏻
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I wear them as they stop my varicose veins from hurting in my ankle I hate getting old...
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

I never fly without them...Ankles still swell though Why take the risk
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I haven’t in the past but I’m going to get them, my ankles in the summer we’re the worst I’ve ever seen them.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always. About 8 years ago I fell asleep coming home on a night flight for about 5 hours (that was a one off! ) and my feet swelled to double their size. Took days to settle down it was somewhat unnerving. I put them on pre boarding now as I don’t want that experience again. They do seem to work.
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes but only because they stop my legs swelling as much. I’m under no illusion they’d stop a DVT if I was high risk. I make sure I drink plenty which in turn ensures I move a lot (to the toilet ).

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

No have never worn them.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

The only time I haven't worn them - I ended up with a DVT. So now I have to inject a blood thinner before the flight (flights over 4 hours) no alcohol, plenty of water, do leg exercises, move around the cabin regularly. And of course wear flight socks.

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List