Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 11, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
All change here...

As some of you will know, I have spent the last 18 months planning a DFTW for September 2012
Well, I sent out my Save the Dates last week, and there has been pressure from some for us to consider changing our plans
The reason for this is mainly financial for our guests and grandparents not being able to attend
DFi (Matt) and I took all of the comments on board, and have agreed to change our plans and have the wedding in the UK

Part of the reason that we decided to have the wedding in Orlando was because of cost...the average wedding in this country costs £22,000 which we simply don't have and to be quite frank, couldn't justify. However, I really don't want to get married without my friends and family there, so the UK it is!

We are both really excited as, like I said, a UK wedding was really a dream! So we are in full planning mode, but I just wanted to share our news!

I just wanted to thank all the Bride Dieters for their support this week, as it has been immensely stressful trying to get some plans in order to determine whether or not this would feasible for us

I will start a thread, when I have some news to share, about our wedding plans, but things are in the very early stages right now...We are starting to view some venues over the next few weeks so that'll be when it begins...when it has been decided!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Sorry you've had to change your plans, but there are some lovely locations in and around Bournemouth for weddings. Just think of the lovely picture opportunities being on the coast and as you say you want your friends and family to be able to be there for you. Maybe you could plan a disney honeymoon for the 2 of you instead.
Good luck with the planning,
Old 22 Jan 11, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Claire, yes, there are so many beautiful venues. We are both feeling so overwhelmed as we weren't expecting it! We're looking into the New Forest, Christchurch (beautiful river) and beach front hotels so gorgeous photo ops everywhere! The more we plan, the more we know we are going to have a fantastic day, a longer day, with more friends there, and that is just fantastic! As in Florida, things would have been a bit tense with family concerned abiout £££, smaller group so my divorced parents might have to speak to each other, and things would probably have wrapped up quite early in the day.
The Disneymoon is definitely on though, and planning is in full swing...10 weeks and we can book!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Natalie,

Congrats on getting your dream wedding, I have been following your posts on the dieting forum, i'm so sorry it's been stressful for you and Matt.
However you can have the best of both worlds now, a wedding with all your loved ones and an amazing honeymoon.
I can't wait to start hearing about all your plans.
The locations you are considering sound fantastic and your photos will be stunning.
I can't wait to see your dress as from the images you had posted one of the styles you are considering is practically identical to mine, however mine has a tulle skirt rather than a satin one.

Congrats again and hope all your site visits go well and you both get what you want.

Diane x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi Natalie

Sorry you have had to change your plans and give into the pressures from family and friends I know its always been there in the background for you. BUT you are an amazing planner and organiser and I am quite sure that you will have exactly what you want for your dream wedding and then a fantastic Disneymoon to look foward to. x

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Natalie,

The others are right, you're going to get the best of both worlds, a fab UK wedding with ALL your friends and family and a Disneymoon to look forward to. Don't look at it as though you've had to give in to family pressure but perhaps the direction your wedding was always meant to take? In the end the outcome will be the same, a fantastic day culminating in you marrying Matt.

Me on the other hand has decided to marry in Orlando so I don't get caught up in a large family do! Its second time round for my DFi and myself and as neither of us had the wedding we wanted first time round we're determined to stick to our dream.

Good luck with all your planning and keep us posted. xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Hi Natalie! Sorry you have been so stressed about all of this, you sound really happy with your decision, I could not have gotten married without my family being there either!

Looking forward to hearing all your new plans and not long until you can book your honeymoon!
Old 23 Jan 11, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Awww, that's such a shame but at least you will have friends and family there with you.

We were very lucky that the only family we wanted there was my Mom and Dad. We had to invite my brother and his c*w of a wife but we knew they wouldn't go so everyone was happy. The only other people that went was my best friend Kirsty and her Mom.

Tim hasn't spoken to his family for about 15 years so that wasn't an issue either.

Have fun looking and planning again!
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 11, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Hi Natalie,
It was a big decision to change your wedding, but I am glad you feel happy with the new arrangements.

Dont forget that Randy Chapman does a lovely Disneymoon photo shoot at a very reasonable price. We had ours at the GF.
Old 23 Jan 11, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks everyone! We went to see our first venues today...loved 1, hated 1...very exciting when you can picture it!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Closed Thread