Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnnysharp2 View Post
If you have special needs for your flight I would always talk to their Welfare team beforehand yes.
They are fully aware and all the airport assistance etc has been done.
They know I need the onboard wheelchair etc.
They checked all that for us.

They just told us we had to book our seats just as everyone else does
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 16, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by bellamolly10 View Post
They are fully aware and all the airport assistance etc has been done.
They know I need the onboard wheelchair etc.
They checked all that for us.

They just told us we had to book our seats just as everyone else does
If you are in the premium cabin, back row seats would definitely suit you better, especially the middle row. The right hand seat is as close as you can get to the toilet at the rear of the cabin, so less hassle to you.

Although the premium cabin is very spacious, on the flight out, the crew are constantly in the aisles serving drinks, dinner and selling duty free in the first part of the flight at least and it would be that much more difficult for you to move about

Most passengers seem to ignore the rear toilet and go to the one at the front of the cabin

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 16, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrimouse
Excited about Disney

Thank you for this information, I have just upgraded out seats to extra legroom for £10 for the 5 of us and have been able to book the seats for our July trip.
Old 23 Nov 16, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bellamolly10 View Post
They assured us on many occasions that they do.
If not they will have to find somewhere onboard to put my chair
would be interested to see how you get on re the on board wheelchair, we have been going with them for 10 years and never been offered or seen one

my son is a full carry on but that is via the airport ground staff

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
would be interested to see how you get on re the on board wheelchair, we have been going with them for 10 years and never been offered or seen one

my son is a full carry on but that is via the airport ground staff
I just took this off Thomsons website so what they have told me is correct, they are fully aware that I can not walk at all or even move my legs. The on board wheelchair was the first thing they asked welfare about, even advising me the weight that the on board wheelchair can carry too

Onboard wheelchairs:

All of Thomson Airways' aircraft carry onboard wheelchairs to help you move between your seat and the toilets. You must be able to either move yourself, or have a personal assistant to help you between your seat and the onboard wheelchair.

Accessible toilets:

All Thomson Airways aircraft have toilets that are accessible by using the onboard wheelchair. Our B787 Dreamliners have toilets with more space and with grab handles.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Orca87
Thanks a million this really saves the frustrations of waiting for the 90 day line especially with a nervous flyer worried about sitting together. I have just booked the PE seats for our flight from Bristol next September.
Looks like we are on the same flight. We are second row in premium outbound and first row inbound.
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Hi Tapley,
If you are travelling Thompson PE from Bristol it might be worth checking with them to ensure you do not get refused lounge entry at Bristol Airport. When I asked they said sorry you cannot use the lounge at Bristol... just worth a checking in case you are thinking of using it..
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List