Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jan 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thank you, I will be very flattered if I am ever asked. I have found times when ID would have been useful in the UK too so a provisional licence will be useful then too.
It's very hit and miss, in Mexico pavilion one time the CM was new and was asking for ID from everyone, even people old enough to get a pension. Wal mart had a big sign up once saying they ID everyone that looks under 45 - im in my 30s and did not get carded.

You can also get asked for photo ID with card transactions- though not at Disney, so its best to always carry something with you.
Old 8 Jan 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

I know people are joking about being "flattered" etc, but it's honestly got nothing to do if you look over 21 or not. They occasionally ask regardless, it's just luck of the draw frankly. My dad got carded once when we were there, it was about 55 years old at the time.

Sometimes you will get asked for id per drink, sometimes they seem satisfied with 1 id for all drinks, I've heard of some places refusing to take UK driving licence photo cards, although I've always use that (while having a PDF of my passport).

And yes, to gavvy's point. I've also been carded for non-alcohol purchases. That happened to be in Walmart.

It doesn't seem to be quite as regular as it use to be, but it seems to average about twice a trip for me.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Ive put a new thread on this morning confirming what is allowed on the new DDP for this year..My good friend and cast member who is currently working at AKL sent me a PM yesterday..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just found my old provisional driving licence (never passed test sadly). So I think I will be able to exchange this for a photo driving licence for around £20. Seems the easiest way. Plus it will be useful as general ID in the future. Didn't fancy carrying passport ideally so thanks for the tip 😊
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Ive put a new thread on this morning confirming what is allowed on the new DDP for this year..My good friend and cast member who is currently working at AKL sent me a PM yesterday..
Thanks, just seen it. We do like a drink, even if it’s just a thirst-quenching cold beer, so I have been studying menus
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List