Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Feb 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
GSJALK
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Uber newbie

Please can someone help. I have just downloaded uber to get a price from Indian Creek fl to old town kissimmee (where the car show is on a Friday and Saturday night) as someone said you can price journeys. It says it will take 5 mins but is 293 odd dollars? Clearly I am doing something wrong. If I take a big vehicle the price is 598? Anyone know a rough price for this trip and how the heck do you use uber!
GSJALK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Are you currently in the UK? You can go onto their website to get a fare estimate. I've always found that worked well.
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GSJALK
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I am. Can I do that from the app or do I need to go to the website? Thank you
GSJALK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I can't help unfortunately but it does sound a bit off, interested as I'm looking to be an Uber newbie out there too & a bit confused by it all!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

Hello Google über estimator. I have just put in Indian creek,Orlando to kissing and showing über xl $33-42. When you order an über go on app. In where to box enter destination, it will then show what is available you then choose whether or not to accept. It will sometimes ask you to tap on the map to confirm your location.
When you've accepted it will tell you how long and update, also picture of car driver and name at end of ride you swipe screen to complete journey.

You could also google how to use über there are several easy guides online.hope this helps it's easier doing it than trying to tell someone.
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GSJALK View Post
Please can someone help. I have just downloaded uber to get a price from Indian Creek fl to old town kissimmee (where the car show is on a Friday and Saturday night) as someone said you can price journeys. It says it will take 5 mins but is 293 odd dollars? Clearly I am doing something wrong. If I take a big vehicle the price is 598? Anyone know a rough price for this trip and how the heck do you use uber!
Try the link below to find fares.

uber/en-GB/fare-estimate/

Not sure if this will help but try putting in Indian Creek Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL for the start of your journey.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

Honestly my mum & dad both in their 70 were both so confused to begin but a couple attempts and love it, now even use it here as they live in London.

Google über guide

Google über estimator

Once you agreed you get updates telling you how long and even saying now pulling up

You get car details, reg and colour

Photo,name and details of driver

We go every year and done drive out there as other half says in on holiday and would not use anything else now,saved so much money from normal taxi

Hope this is of some help
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

I think OP has been quoted for a fare from Indian Creek, Miami Beach
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
I think OP has been quoted for a fare from Indian Creek, Miami Beach
I think so too. Just done a search in the app from Indian Creek to Old Town, it comes up at USD 9 for Uber X, USD 18 for XL, and USD 22 for Uber Select. There might be surge pricing on Fri/Sat evenings, but couldn't see it being more than double those amounts.

One thing to be aware of with Uber these days in Orlando is that quite a few drivers don't speak English (except when they are asking you to give them a 5 star rating )
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List