Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

BA infant booking number

Hi

So this morning I get 2 pre-flight emails from BA for our flight on Wednesday. 1 with the booking reference I know, and 1 with a new reference. The new reference is saying I urgently need to complete the API (passport info) which I know I did weeks ago. I go to manage my booking and only me and my baby are on that new reference. I attempt to update the API and get an error saying there is a problem with the information provided.

I phone BA and after eventually getting through, they explained that the new reference number is purely an "infant booking reference" and requires no API to be completed (obviously still need to complete the API for everyone on the main booking including the infant).

Wanted to share incase anyone else gets confused by this. Told the chap on the phone the email is very misleading saying you urgently need to complete the API, and then the website won't let you and doesn't explain why!

BA IT at it's finest again...
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Just what you need to get the adrenalin going before your holiday! sheesh!

Thanks for the heads up - we go in May with our 7 month old so hopefully will not panic if that happens to us with our BA flight.

Is this your first time with a baby?
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure if it's always the case but when I flew with an infant I couldn't do online check in and had to check in at airport - just FYI
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eloise73 View Post
Just what you need to get the adrenalin going before your holiday! sheesh!

Thanks for the heads up - we go in May with our 7 month old so hopefully will not panic if that happens to us with our BA flight.

Is this your first time with a baby?
Yep he’s 9 months old next week. Sort of dreading it, but I said to DH no matter how bad the flight the end destination is worth it! My folks are coming so it’s 4 vs 1 so hopefully the adults come out on top!
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Not sure if it's always the case but when I flew with an infant I couldn't do online check in and had to check in at airport - just FYI
Thanks, won’t freak if it doesn’t work then!
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, although they did take the API info over the phone from me again. I was also told it would be better to check in with a person at the airport, and just to warn you we had issues over the infant booking check in, it took ages then they had to take us to th ticketing desk, then we had to go back again to the check in. It was all fine in the end, but just leave extra time in case.

I'm expecting further fun checking in for the flight home tomorrow, ours is even more complicated as my son turned 2 whilst we were here, so we had three references in total because he gets a seat on the way back
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, although they did take the API info over the phone from me again. I was also told it would be better to check in with a person at the airport, and just to warn you we had issues over the infant booking check in, it took ages then they had to take us to th ticketing desk, then we had to go back again to the check in. It was all fine in the end, but just leave extra time in case.

I'm expecting further fun checking in for the flight home tomorrow, ours is even more complicated as my son turned 2 whilst we were here, so we had three references in total because he gets a seat on the way back
Oh goodness! I’ll make sure we have lots of time then. Good luck tomorrow, hope it goes as smoothly as possible