Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 12, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Little snippets of info have started surfacing in the last few days that Avatar land may not even get of the drawing board..so dont go painting those faces blue quite yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Interesting! That would be alot of egg on a lot of Disney exec faced if this is true...care to share a bit more Dave?

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Rob,ive heard a few bits in the last few days.but the main thing that set of my radar was one of the "Disney Insiders" i follow avidly has put out some major hints that the project could be doomed before its even started,also raising questions ,is the total lack of output from Disney on "Avatarland", apart from when it was first announced.. i think it may get very interesting over the next months..dont forget Disney never announce they have cancelled plans,they just stop talking about them ,in the hope we all forget..LOL...First one to get to Hyperion Wharf,gets free fasspasses to Beastly kingdom.
Old 8 Mar 12, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

The word is that Disney and Cameron have vastly different opinions on how the project should be done and how much it should cost,apparantly the WDI proposed E Ticket was a second gen soarin type ride ,with the guests riding on a dragon, while cameron seems to be against trhe use of screens for any rides /attractions..apparantly its not dead yet, but its more a question of when not if.
Old 11 Mar 12, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Its looking more and more like Avatar land is in serious trouble..it seems its only chance of making it ,is that Iger is so POd ,at unis recent success that he may plough ahead no matter what the rest of TDO think..the talk is already leaning towards it being replaced with the oft mentioned Austarlia section/land.
Old 8 Apr 12, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post

I think it's a great idea! there aren't enough attractions in AK however i hope they don't tear anything existing down! I think the world of pandora is of a level that suits the imagineering standard of disney!
Old 3 Jun 12, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh no! I hope that the rumour that Pandora is going to replace Dinoland is just a rumour, the Dinosaur ride is one of the best!
Old 4 Jun 12, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

OMG
I'm so disappointed.
I had hoped WDW would really go all out to make this work especially in view of the competition from Harry Potter at Universal.
If they just spent the time to create this properly I think they could do something truly amazing!
It's such a good fit for AK.

lam

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 12, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List