Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did it for the first time last year, it's hard to describe it, from the so very easy checkin, the insanely good gatwick clubhouse, the seats are ridiculously lush, the food in my opinion was absolutely delicious and plentiful, it is a glimpse into what being rich is like, there's no down side apart from the fact your still on a plane for 9 hours, I detest flying usually, even PE, UC I just disliked flying, that's a huge compliment from me as I really detest flying, almost enough to not go, my teenage daughters had 6AK we had 7AK, wonderful seats, no one needs to pass you, it's like having a private section in a private section, we payed with cash, £10k, is it worth that money?... Nothing that lasts that long could be but its dang close to worth it and I don't regret spending the money, it's an experience I wouldn't want to have not had, will I pay it again?... Probly

Have a great time!
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
We did it for the first time last year, it's hard to describe it, from the so very easy checkin, the insanely good gatwick clubhouse, the seats are ridiculously lush, the food in my opinion was absolutely delicious and plentiful, it is a glimpse into what being rich is like, there's no down side apart from the fact your still on a plane for 9 hours, I detest flying usually, even PE, UC I just disliked flying, that's a huge compliment from me as I really detest flying, almost enough to not go, my teenage daughters had 6AK we had 7AK, wonderful seats, no one needs to pass you, it's like having a private section in a private section, we payed with cash, £10k, is it worth that money?... Nothing that lasts that long could be but its dang close to worth it and I don't regret spending the money, it's an experience I wouldn't want to have not had, will I pay it again?... Probly

Have a great time!
Excellent post.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I loved the lounge, never been into an airport lounge before.

There were a few 'willy waving' business men on our flight, discussing the dollar, and what effect it had on their business's - at full volume.
Dale Winton was sat opposite us, the crew treated him like royalty - it was funny to watch.

I'm not a fan of 'posh' food - so went for a burger as the main meal, the crew were very nice and accommodating.

On the way back we must have looked out of place (there weren't many 30yr old couples in there) the flight attendant asked us if it was our honeymoon.
DW confirmed it wasn't - I thiink she might have done us out of some freebies.

Looking forward to this November when we do it all again!

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
2 years ago we had the best cabin crew member in UC I have ever met in 40 years of flights to/from America. That includes PanAm who were awesome!
She was my Wife's age so maybe mid 50's? I sent an E Mail to Virgin about a page long. We had a lovely gift off them for doing it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
They were really great on our flight, my daughter has a weird audible dyslexia thing, they kept asking her what she wanted and as always they got a blank stare back from her, so I say she can't hear you, they then in an extremely kind way was talking to her like she was deaf for the rest of the flight, they got the same blank look back, very funny really, I ended up just saying, ask me and I'll ask her, all worked better that way hehe, but I have to say in all the trips to all the countries, I have never had anything but very nice, if sometimes over worked cabin crew, maybe lucky, it's very nice that you emailed them Tom, I don't complain about anything (I know that's wrong) but love to make a fuss about the good stuff
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Loved reading these posts! I'm looking forward to my return flight home in Upper Class paid for with miles & £300 each. We are in 7a & 8a & cant wait! sad really getting excited about the end of our holiday!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Originally Posted by hawki View Post
Loved reading these posts! I'm looking forward to my return flight home in Upper Class paid for with miles & £300 each. We are in 7a & 8a & cant wait! sad really getting excited about the end of our holiday!
Definitely eases the "oh no we are going home tomorrow" thoughts

Changes to "but at least we are going home in style"
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I currently have enough miles to do UC one way or 2 Econ returns and was debating how to use them, always wanted to fly upper class but was worried it was a waste as I could get two trips instead but this thread is making me just want to go for it
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds amazing. Enjoy your flight, I'm sure it will be great. I would love to do an UC flight

We have done business class with BA, I was so glad I didn't pay mega bucks for it, it wasn't great! I obviously don't look like a business class passenger, lol! Even had a real jobs worth at check in at Orlando! We were waiting at the club check in desk and a very snotty man from check in tried to redirect us to the other check in desks, telling us we were at club check in! I just said yes that's correct!
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

We went out Christmas Eve and make back on Saturday. The limo, check in, lounges (preferred the much maligned Escape at MAN to the Delta Sky at MCO) and staff were all great - we got Christmas presents on the way out...
For me the slight downside was the food (but I am fussy). I like my steak medium or medium rare, but both ways it was well done and ruined... On the way out though they did sort me out with chips and gravy when I said I was peckish again, that was a nice touch.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List