Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Mar 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Restaurants to most definitely avoid

There are many really good restaurants in the Orlando area, but which ones would you avoid and why?

For us, it is Pat O'Briens . I went with high expectations, that were heightened by decent cocktails... and then the entre arrived. All 4 of us came to the same conclusion. Jambalaya and gumbo , despite the claims of Karen Carpenter (if you are old enough) taste like the I would imagine the bilge water of Troy Lander's boat in 'Swamp people'.

Shocking!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Ponderosa and Hollywood & Vine are a no go for us, also wasn't impressed to TGI Fridays on I Drive
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

We went to Denny's, simewhere near Disney but can't remember the exact place, it was dire! Whole place smelt of old burnt grease, seats were ripped, tables were dirty, list goes on. Maybe it was just a bad one tho as a lot of people like Denny's.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

For me Olive Garden had a couple of not great meals in recent years. Last year all our meals were really bad. We did say to ourselves how can you mess up pasta. I wasn't well after either 😷
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
We went to Denny's, simewhere near Disney but can't remember the exact place, it was dire! Whole place smelt of old burnt grease, seats were ripped, tables were dirty, list goes on. Maybe it was just a bad one tho as a lot of people like Denny's.
I used to like Denny's until our last trip. We went our first morning for breakfast and it was beyond awful( one closest to universal). Dirty, cold, slow and surly service, unclean and smelly toilets and bland food. To top it off I got food poisoning and spent the rest of the day and all night throwing up. Yuk! Totally put off and won't go back. Also totally over ponderosa, we used to go for the kids, they loved it. Now it's just me and hubby we don't bother with buffets much.
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Although popular with Dibbers, we wouldn't return to Miller's ale house

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Always wanted to try a Dunkin Donuts, went into one somewhere on the 192, horrible stale smell inside, walked out.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Angelina
Apprentice Imagineer

Angels on the 192 and Olive Garden used to be really good, but has went downhill in the last couple of years. I think cutback on quality of ingredients?
Angelina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Chipottle at Dr Phillips and Panda express on the 192 West. I know they are chains but you do expect the food to be edible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Tgi Fridays on international drive, food wasn't great & the service was appalling on both occasions.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List