Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I've had it in writing off tc that there are charging points on the plane. I'm just going to take a good book for the flight I think 🙈
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

TC said they would send me 4 lots of power packs that have something like 3-4 hours on each for free for the inconvenience. They said there is no charging points on the plane.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

What they told me, hope the picture attaches itself !

Edited at 08:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
is this for all AT flights? we go from Glasgow in October
You may want to check the TC website as we originally booked on to a TC plane which has now changed to AT with the streaming. That's from Glasgow in October

If you do a dummy booking it has an alert saying:
Important Booking Information
Operated by Air Tanker. Please note the entertainment on board is wireless streaming movies, to your own personal device. For those customers who do not have their own device we also provide centrally controlled overhead IFE.

I'm not overly pleased with the change as i'd rather not be streaming to my personal device but not a lot we can do about it as we'd already booked the flight when they changed the plane.
LoopyDisney7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

OK, when i booked the flight it was the normal AT, TC changed it to this one with streaming. Where do I stand? I think the least is they should be supplying powerbanks for free.
Thankfully it is on the way home (unless they change the plane out as well!) But after hours in the airport unlikely to have much charge in the kids tablets.
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What is the chance of get this on my DD Kindle Fire tablet? Bet it will not be in that app store or will not be compatible​!
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HolidayDreams View Post
OK, when i booked the flight it was the normal AT, TC changed it to this one with streaming. Where do I stand? I think the least is they should be supplying powerbanks for free.
Thankfully it is on the way home (unless they change the plane out as well!) But after hours in the airport unlikely to have much charge in the kids tablets.
If you are returning from MCO there's lots of charging points in the airport, near the gate, in fact some of the seating had USB ports built in last time in May 16
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thomas Cook are about 10 years behind other airlines when it comes to technology!

I think their IT systems were broken most of last year based on my booking experiences!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We flew with them from Glasgow last year and had no problems at all with the seat back IFE.

However now I am concerned as I had an email last week notifying me of a flight change but when I logged in nothing was different so could it be a change of aircraft?
Old 3 Apr 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Thomas Cook are about 10 years behind other airlines when it comes to technology!

I think their IT systems were broken most of last year based on my booking experiences!
But their IT systems have nothing to do with their IFE systems which is being debated here.
Their long haul fleet, including the two leased AT airframes, are the newest fleet flying from the UK to MCO. Their IFE systems are latest technology especially the new streaming system, which will eventually be the norm on all long haul flight in a couple of years as older systems on other airlines get updated. May not suit some, but it's the way ahead.
The only perceived problem just now is with one arecraft, the new short term leased Airtanker which has streaming but no USB ports. As this is a short term lease I can't see charging points being added to over 300 seats for a lease of 4 to 5 months. Possibly others are complaining about IFE content, but that is a personal issue, because what suits one won't suit another.

On the streaming issue:
I'd happily use the streaming with my iPad. Just have it fully charged, make sure all other apps are closed and run brightness and contrast to an acceptable limit. Doing that has given me around 7 1/2 to 8 hours life, ensuring any apps not used are shut down totally.
OK it's not the full flight length, but I don't constantly stare at the screen for the full flight.
Hope the tip about battery life can help someone. Try it beforehand
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List