Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

When they are telling me there are USB charging point do they actually mean the power banks ?!

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

TC have 2 AirTanker aircraft on lease, G-VYGK and G-VYGM, the first has seat back screens with USB chargers, the second has IFE and no chargers, it should show on your confirmation under flight details which aircraft you are on. For details see Thomas Cook Partner Airlines
Old 6 Apr 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

this was my message

Hi Heather, I'm really sorry that it's taken so long to get back to you. I can confirm that we will be sending you four portable chargers at no extra cost. Each charger will have two or three full charges worth of power, so you should have enough to last you on your flight. I understand that we gave you the wrong information about onboard charging, and so I am also trying to organise priority check-in and boarding for you and your family, free of charge. At this time, I can't promise that we can offer the priority package, but your chargers will be with you the week before your flight. ^Isabella
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

my online chat yesterday

03:42:48 PM [PMouse] coming back its the airtanker with no seat back tv
03:43:35 PM [PMouse] that's fine we all have ipads - but am I right in saying you have no usb power at the seats as that would just be crazy
03:43:47 PM [Barney] Let me check.
03:45:38 PM [Barney] Thanks for holding. There aren't USB ports available on the aircraft. It's best to bring a power bank with you. I apologize for the inconvenience.
03:46:00 PM [PMouse] I applaud you innovation for the streaming media
03:46:27 PM [PMouse] but a 9.5 hour flight with no power at the seats is incredibly short sighted
03:47:01 PM [PMouse] even the hifly last year had power as do all the rest of your fleet with seatback tvs
03:47:35 PM [Barney] I understand your frustration, P.
03:48:21 PM [Barney] You'll be able to purchase power banks on board if needed. As much as I want to help further, I'm not able to offer anything else.
03:48:43 PM [PMouse] are the power banks you offer for sale charged?
03:49:14 PM [Barney] Yes, of course. They are charged.
03:49:53 PM [PMouse] ok Ill go have a think but may as well feed up the line that customers think this is crazy!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 08:56 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

ok, luckily we seem to be on a flight with IFE (at the moment) but honestly, never, ever again.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

What a mess! Honesty why is it so difficult to get the correct information out of these companies!

I've been told over the phone that there was charging points too after I complained about the inconvenience of no screens. Also got compo which I accepted but was absolutely assured there was charging points 😡

I suppose we will have to wait for the first Dibbers to fly to get a real answer 🙄
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I was categorically told in writing and over the phone that there would be charging points but then they finally admitted when I showed them all the evidence to the contrary that there would not be. To be fair to them they did offer us another flight with seatback monitors but we were unable to take them due to work commitments. We did get a nice bit of compensation though. There are also the overhead screens which hopefully a few people on board will be able to see. It will be like flying in the 1980's all over again!
Not looking forward to the flight but at the end of the day as long as we get there safely that's all that matters. Just hope they don't decide to ban tablets from all flights before we go! I have bought a couple of books just in case I can't take my kindle on board!
Old 7 Apr 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

How can you tell if the plane you will be on will have seat back ife? We're flying from Stansted & flying with 3 kids without ife doesn't bare thinking about.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
How can you tell if the plane you will be on will have seat back ife? We're flying from Stansted & flying with 3 kids without ife doesn't bare thinking about.
they all have ife, just what type of ife and how to prepare yourself for the journey.

what are your dates and ill have a look (but I think AT2 only going from Manchester this year)

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
Your booking confirmation, under "Your holiday details" has the flight details. For us under "Going Away" there is a box with our luggage allowances etc. Then it has the following:
Note: This flight will be operated by AirTanker on behalf of Thomas Cook Airlines and has an overhead entertainment system, and streaming capabilities for personal devices. For product information please see our website Partner Airlines and look for aircraft registration G-VYGM.
If your flight details have this note AND THIS AIRCRAFT REGISTRATION then you have the no seat back IFE/no USB charging aircraft.

We have it on the way out but not on the way back.

For useage, I can only speak of iPad Air2 and iPhones...

Fully charge them. Put them in airplane mode and turn off bluetooth. Use your phone for audio stuff (music, podcasts). Use your tablet for video stuff. Use cable headphones for longest life (my Bose Bluetooth ones have a cable you can use). This should easily make it through the flight but I have a very small (lipstick sized) rechargeable battery which will fully recharge my phone or 1/3 charge my iPad.