Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Apr 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow!...Lots of answers on various foodie stuff..Thanks also Ivan Drago, I may just venture over to the poly next year...Whilst on this subject, have you ever tried something that WAS recommended, and it blew you away...I can think of only one...And you can get it only at two places in the whole of Disney..The MCB... Ssshhhh... I even took around 12 of these home in my suitcase last year...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Mickey waffles - I just don't get it. They're not sweet or savoury , they're just 'meh'
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivan Drago
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Wow!...Lots of answers on various foodie stuff..Thanks also Ivan Drago, I may just venture over to the poly next year...Whilst on this subject, have you ever tried something that WAS recommended, and it blew you away...I can think of only one...And you can get it only at two places in the whole of Disney..The MCB... Ssshhhh... I even took around 12 of these home in my suitcase last year...
We're big fans of the MCB too, especially DW

I have a new favourite Disney snack though...I saw it in a trip report before our last trip and searched all over to find one. Finally managed to track them down at the Goofy Candy Co. in DS and it changed my life... A PINEAPPLE SKEWER (chocolate covered pineapple on a stick). I bought one, ate it on a bench outside and then went straight back in and used up the family's snack credits to buy a load for the fridge back in the room.

Not sure if this message will post because I have drooled over the keyboard just thinking about them
Ivan Drago is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've never tried a funnel cake was determined to this year but you've now all put me off.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Beverley
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
... A PINEAPPLE SKEWER (chocolate covered pineapple on a stick). I bought one, ate it on a bench outside and then went straight back in and used up the family's snack credits to buy a load for the fridge back in the room.

Not sure if this message will post because I have drooled over the keyboard just thinking about them
I mentioned the plain pineapple spears - I don't remember a chocolate-dipped version. Mmmmmmmm. I'd make one myself, but pineapple over there, in that heat, just tastes so much better.

Might make some choc frozen bananas, though.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney1sttimers View Post
Beverley

This!

but we actually have made a tradition on getting some whenever we're at club cool. Just to see our faces ...
I'm afraid, doing that too often will actually lead us to love that stuff :p
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I mentioned the plain pineapple spears - I don't remember a chocolate-dipped version. Mmmmmmmm. I'd make one myself, but pineapple over there, in that heat, just tastes so much better.

Might make some choc frozen bananas, though.
I made some frozen choc bananas & the result was a rather rude looking Kids had no idea why their dad couldn't stop laughing when he came home from work & saw them

I'm really looking forward to a dole whip. Hope they're as good as they look. Daughter is desperate for a giant pizza in via Napoli & son has his heart set on a kitchen sink at BC.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I wasn't a fan of the zebra domes either they were ok I guess but I wouldn't bother again

A lot of the disney cakes are super sweet esp those with lots of frosting doesn't bother me but for some people its too much. I have tried a few that were a bit of a let down they looked great but lacked any real flavour

Everyone's tastes & experiences are different so while I do consider recommendations either for or against if something takes my fancy I'll try something regardless.
We enjoyed the food at hoop dee hoo nothing special but all hot & tasty enough tusker house though was dire one of our worst florida meals ever.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Butter beer - sickly
Basically everything dessert-y, way too sweet and sickly. the cream looks nice but is not like the fresh cream we have here, it's more like what we used to call confectioner's cream, sweetened and artificial.
I've tried various cakes, including cheesecake and even the fruit always tastes like it was tinned or synthetic?

Tried the Tonga toast and really didn't like that, sorry.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List