Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Virgin Changed Flight Time to Later and Cheaper Flight, Will Not Refund Difference

Am i being unreasobale expecting Virgin to refund the £200+ difference? We book the 11.45 flight on Feb 7th and now changed us to 1pm flight. Not massive deal, but I paid extra for the earlier flights as its more convenient for when we land being there a bit earlier.

It is STILL £200 cheaper if I now booked, and it was £200 cheaper when I booked a month ago so why should I now be expected to pay full price. I obviously paid the extra for a reason at the time.

I also paid for seat selection and stupdly they put us on different seats even though the original one were available.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
You are totally not being unreasonable. I'd expect the money back as well. Try a moan on the Virgin Facebook page. I bet though unfortunately it's in the small print somewhere.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I totally get your frustration and do think you have cause for complaint. The problem is, Virgin do this all the time and some people get put on a flight that was more expensive and aren't expected to pay the difference. It's actually quite ridiculous that there's such a price difference for the sake of a couple of hours anyway. I would be inclined to write an email to them expressing your discontent and see what happens.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I never thought of that to be honest! They moved us fir this year to the later flight (we had to ring for them to make sure we still got our pre paid seats) but that later flight was also cheaper. It was ages ago that they moved us so doubt we will get the difference now
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

i asked for contact info to take it further and been on hold for 10 minutes. I own my own retail store and prices do change, we take the hit if a price increases and the customer gets a refund if it goes down. The customer gets the best deal. I will definately try the social media route as the guys on the phone are sticking to their guns.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Had to hang up after 40 minutes on the phone, couldnt wait any longer and daughter woke up so cant risk ruining the surprise by arguing with Virgin on the phone. Have posted on their Facebook page now.
WDW AKL 2019
Old 6 May 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

They did this to us for this August. I kicked up a real stink as my hubby is a very nervous flyer and waiting till a later flight was just not an option for us. A later flight would also have meant we wouldn't need to travel the night before or park the car at the airport so I sent them the bill for that. I spoke to several people over 3 weeks-emailed every day and was very clear that we wanted switched back or reimbursed. They offered us money back for our stress but I couldn't understand why we weren't on the plane we booked as seats were still available. In the end they switched us back to the original flight. I still wrote a formal complaint but haven't heard anything. I think you just need to be persistent.
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
They did this to us for this August. I kicked up a real stink as my hubby is a very nervous flyer and waiting till a later flight was just not an option for us. A later flight would also have meant we wouldn't need to travel the night before or park the car at the airport so I sent them the bill for that. I spoke to several people over 3 weeks-emailed every day and was very clear that we wanted switched back or reimbursed. They offered us money back for our stress but I couldn't understand why we weren't on the plane we booked as seats were still available. In the end they switched us back to the original flight. I still wrote a formal complaint but haven't heard anything. I think you just need to be persistent.
My DW is a very nervous flyer too, and the reason we paid for early flights is less waiting around and can adapt to time quicker when we arrive, we obviously valued this as paid the extra for the earlier flights. The original flight is cancelled, so no option to put us back on that.
WDW AKL 2019
Old 6 May 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wubbster View Post
My DW is a very nervous flyer too, and the reason we paid for early flights is less waiting around and can adapt to time quicker when we arrive, we obviously valued this as paid the extra for the earlier flights. The original flight is cancelled, so no option to put us back on that.
Oh dear so your options are limited. How much more is PE? As a good will gesture can they upgrade you?
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Surely if they move the flight they offer the option of cancelling? Then rebook at the cheaper price.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List