Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
I know Virgin do something called a Comfort Seat you'll pay for a return and £30 to choose the seat and it's yours, they won't reallocate.
They stopped in in November when they starred using the delta booking engine but it was quite a lot more than £30
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
They stopped in in November when they starred using the delta booking engine but it was quite a lot more than £30
That's odd, we only added this to our booking two weeks ago but after Virgin messed us around with combining flights we no longer needed the extra seat so they refunded us. It was for extra room with our infant, £242 return plus £30 each way for seat selection.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thomson won't let you leave a middle seat unallocated, in fact I don't think they'll let you choose a middle and aisle seat leaving the window seat free!

OP also bear in mind they could also change whatever seats you do choose, e.g. If they were to change the plane, see today's thread about Tom144 they changed the aircraft and moved people to different seats, hope you find a solution that works out for you
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
That's odd, we only added this to our booking two weeks ago but after Virgin messed us around with combining flights we no longer needed the extra seat so they refunded us. It was for extra room with our infant, £242 return plus £30 each way for seat selection.
Must be a differ t product

attraction-tickets-direc...Seat-Plus-quot
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear about your daughter's condition. I was just wondering how she manages at the parks with the queues etc and being close to strangers?
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

We stand on either side of her in lines and leave some distance between us and her. It's a challenge. In restaurants we will ask for a quiet corner.

We used to be allowed to use the exists for most Disney rides meaning it wasn't an issue but since there was so much abuse of this system they changed it a few years back.

Edited at 05:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkGlasgow View Post
We stand on either side of her in lines and leave some distance between us and her. It's a challenge. In restaurants we will ask for a quiet corner.

We used to be allowed to use the exists for most Disney rides meaning it wasn't an issue but since there was so much abuse of this system they changed it a few years back.
When standing in lines even with you both standing either side who is standing front and back?

Leaving empty seats in the middle can be a bad move, someone books the seat when they arrive to sit down you ask if they will swap as you want to sit next to your family.
They say no sorry I do not like the window seat I have a fear of flying and I do not like the aisle seat the trolley bangs into you when it goes past.

Now you have a total stranger sitting right next to your daughter, if they do not want to move the airline can not force them too.
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I honestly find your post quite rude. We stand around her as best we can in line. We don't wait in line for 9 hours. We only use rides we have fast pass for of with a short waiting time. Many of the lines are outdoors which reduced the risk.

I'm not suggesting they be forced to move atall. I'm just putting the idea out there to ask if anyone has done it and has it worked.

From what I've seen of your posts you can be rather curt with people and I suggest this is something you refrain from on my posts. If you don't feel you can, then I would respectfully ask you not to comment on them.

If you have a child with a life-threatening illness then maybe you can understand otherwise I highly doubt it.
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

In all honesty this is where booking a charter rather than a scheduled flight is a disadvantage as the scheduled airlines tend to be less inflexible (and will allow you to buy an extra seat on medical grounds)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
In all honesty this is where booking a charter rather than a scheduled flight is a disadvantage as the scheduled airlines tend to be less inflexible (and will allow you to buy an extra seat on medical grounds)
I agree but unfortunately we were given incorrect information otherwise we would never have booked the flight.