Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We used to fly PE bit the costs are ridiculous now so back to economy. Dont tend to upgrade anything - we have a fab time anyway 😃 Doesnt mean we hold back / having to watch pennies though when we are out there.
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
I'm finding the older I get the more I will pay for a bit of comfort but I'm a bargain hunter so it would still have to be a good deal.

My Dad calls me champagne ideas on ginger beer money
That's totally me! PE flights but as cheap as I can grab them. Designers but only at outlet prices! I definitely feel you give yourself a wee treat one year then the next it becomes a must though!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I definitely feel you give yourself a wee treat one year then the next it becomes a must though!
So true, hard to go back.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
thepopos
Excited about Disney

Meet and Greet parking is the one I would never do without again.

It costs about an extra £30 or £40 compared to the cheapest car park and the difference is worth ten times that if you have kids.

When you're spending £5-10k on a holiday, the extra money is nothing and it beats messing about finding a space then waiting for a bus then loading the kids, suitcases etc... onto the bus.

And your car is just waiting for you right next to the terminal when you get back.

Perfect.
thepopos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We just upgrade to Thomson premium
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by ColinG View Post
This holiday is and upgrade for us, we normally get a bronze caravan down in Devon, flying in the air and stuff it's pure crazy!
I'm liking the sound of you Colin

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

I always look for upgrade deals, but only get them if I think it is a good deal for me and is within budget. We only go to Orlando every two years so I like to spoil myself (and the other half!), we work hard for our holidays and I also like a bargain!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I like the idea of upgrades, but not the cost. We've upgraded flights, but only when the overall cost is sensible and normally fly economy. Tried the airport lounge when it came with an upgraded flight and didn't like it so won't bother with that again! Accommodation is rarely upgraded, car never upgraded and won't pay for express line passes. Only had DDP once (when it was free) and feel no need to upgrade it, if we ever got it free again.
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
We are somewhere in the middle but not too extravagant. Just the things that make out holiday seem worth it to us and little treats that make our holiday easier.
We usually get lounge access. We either park next to terminal or business parking, this year we are getting executive travel to and from airportas a treat for hubby as he will be doing a lot of driving on our holiday. We upgrade tickets to FOLP etc... As hubby hates queuing.
Upgraded to PE on return just for extra luggage and a bit more space. Not sure I would want to pay anymore for outbound as it's just a means to get there, you still have to sit on the plane for X amount of hours. I'm sure I may have a different viewpoint if I'd actually traveled in CLub or First lol 😄 But for now I would rather spend it on the hotel, meals or shopping. I never go to a Villa or self catering as I class being in a lovely hotel part of my holiday and prefer to spend hubby's hard earned money on accomodation than flights.
FWIW, I have and I still rank Virgin PE over the higher tiers in value vs cost trade off.

Other than PE (which even then, is only a must do when long haul when with DH) I can't say I have any specific upgrades that I always do, it fully depends on my mood and purpose of the trip. Sometimes I fly Upper Class and stay in a 5* suite, sometimes it's Ryanair and a Travelodge.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thepopos View Post
Meet and Greet parking is the one I would never do without again.

It costs about an extra £30 or £40 compared to the cheapest car park and the difference is worth ten times that if you have kids.

When you're spending £5-10k on a holiday, the extra money is nothing and it beats messing about finding a space then waiting for a bus then loading the kids, suitcases etc... onto the bus.

And your car is just waiting for you right next to the terminal when you get back.

Perfect.
I've just been looking at parking prices for Edinburgh and I'm rather confused to see that Meet & Greet is by far the cheapest option! It's about £70 for our dates, with other options, both on and off site, being £110-£150.
Perthite is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List